iPhone Maps only shows 10 pin points, while maps.Google.com shows a lot more!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Restaurants, Ocean City, MD

iPhone only returns 10 results, while maps.google.com interestingly returns the SAME 10 results on their FIRST PAGE of results. On maps.google.com if you click through the pages you get more results. This kind of sucks. Theres no way to get more results on the iPhone is there?

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
i was wondering if that would happen, but i didn't think to test it. i thot the google maps was stupid, but i find myself using it all the time to look up numbers. did you type the location in the same way on both?

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
I have noticed the same thing. I searched for Chinese Food in my town, only to be cheated out of the three most popular dives. The pinpoints all hit the ones that nobody would be caught dead (or dying) in. Makes me wonder how good the Maps application is and whether the Google folks created some filter to pare down the results for iPhone requests.

ilLegalBeagle

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
I have noticed the same thing. I searched for Chinese Food in my town, only to be cheated out of the three most popular dives. The pinpoints all hit the ones that nobody would be caught dead (or dying) in. Makes me wonder how good the Maps application is and whether the Google folks created some filter to pare down the results for iPhone requests.

ilLegalBeagle

Oh... I forgot to add that regular Google Maps has those three Chinese food places on the web when you go through a PC.

ilLegalBeagle

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah it worries me to think that the new feature of being able to customize your route won't get upgraded on the iPhone eventually.

I was REALLY looking forward to that feature being on my iPhone. I love the turn by turn directions, but Google maps quite often doesn't map the route correctly, especially on the phone.

I wonder how well an online mashup would work on the iPhone safari browser. Hmm...

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Yeah it worries me to think that the new feature of being able to customize your route won't get upgraded on the iPhone eventually.

I was REALLY looking forward to that feature being on my iPhone. I love the turn by turn directions, but Google maps quite often doesn't map the route correctly, especially on the phone.

I wonder how well an online mashup would work on the iPhone safari browser. Hmm...
When i try to get driving directions from my gf's house it puts her address in youngstown,oh instead of where it should be in brunswick, oh. It definitely has bugs i guess.