iPhone me!

themattman

Jul 3, 2007
Mission Viejo, CA
I am one of those poor saps that can't afford an iPhone.

Am I technically driven, tech savvy, and an designing/coding addict? Yes.
iPhone? No :mad:

I live on my own and pay my bills...so no extra moolah for god's gift to mankind. I've been brainstorming for ways to acquire one.

I've been toying with the idea of a "Help me buy an iPhone" website but those rarely work. You no, have everyone donate a dollar and then bam I have an iPhone.

Does anyone here have any ideas for me? I'm willing to try most things.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Prostitution? 2nd Job? Lower your expenses, don't spend any $ on disposable things such as drinks or food when you don't NEED them. Wait till you get home to eat/drink unless it is nessesary.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
How about a yard sale :)

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have been going around the house collecting things I no longer use/need and selling them on eBay. I have gotten halfway to iPhone bliss this way and still have some more stuff to sell!

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
Get a second job, request overtime at 1st job, ask famliy member,
ask partner, and everything the others have already stated.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
just rob a gas station, lol jk

ebay old stuff is the best idea i got or ask for overtime for a week or so.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Sperm donations probably would net you a few $$$, and keep your mind off of the iPhone, at least for 3 mins.....

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i guess it was inevitable that these threads would eventually lead to posts about whacking off over iPhone

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I have been going around the house collecting things I no longer use/need and selling them on eBay. I have gotten halfway to iPhone bliss this way and still have some more stuff to sell!
X's 2! That is EXACTALLY what i've been doing. I'm moving too which is a good & bad thing. Good because i'm finding stuff I don't need/use so sell, bad because I don't have much time to sit down and get them listed. I'm up to around $200 so far.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I am a poor college student, here is how I bought an iPhone (4 GB - $500).

Ebayed - ipod nano 2 GB with nike + accesory and nike case - $91 towards the phone.
Cashed in a couple savings bonds that I would have forgotten about anyway - $209.

Out of pocket - $250. I worked the fourth of july at my part time job for mucho overtime pay.

Schrocker

Jul 7, 2007
West Coast
Ummm...

Does anyone here have any ideas for me? I'm willing to try most things.
Offer to clean out your rich relative's closets... and be sure to check in all the pockets, shoes and under the seat cushions for extra cash forgotten/left behind.

And if that's not enough, have a yard sale and sell off all the stuff they don't need anymore.

;)

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
I am a poor college student, here is how I bought an iPhone (4 GB - $500).

Ebayed - ipod nano 2 GB with nike + accesory and nike case - $91 towards the phone.
Cashed in a couple savings bonds that I would have forgotten about anyway - $209.

Out of pocket - $250. I worked the fourth of july at my part time job for mucho overtime pay.
Nice work!

Gotta love the US of A

Hats off to anyone that put in the extra effort to get the $$$

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
mmmmm ok this works for like a 100 bucks but do at your own risk head over to anything4free.com and to the forums, people pay for referals like $25 dollars just sign up for crap like blockbuster, netflix, gamefly and other crap u don't need. Hook up with some veterans posters and they lay good money for refferal . Most of the stuff u sign up for are trials and u can cancel before they charge u. Read the fine print and do research. Its works i done it, people don't hate on me im just telling him how to make a quick buck legit(sort of) u only hand your credit info to big companys like blockbuster so your safe there, and people pay u through paypal. And u gota be 18 or older. So do this at your own risk and do research on those forums and read fine print on anything u sign up for(sometimes trials 4 7 days or less) pretty easy to cancel too. Some u can cancel online. Well thers my 2 cents, worked for me during christmas when i was broke

themattman

Jul 3, 2007
Mission Viejo, CA
mmmmm ok this works for like a 100 bucks but do at your own risk head over to anything4free.com and to the forums, people pay for referals like $25 dollars just sign up for crap like blockbuster, netflix, gamefly and other crap u don't need. Hook up with some veterans posters and they lay good money for refferal . Most of the stuff u sign up for are trials and u can cancel before they charge u. Read the fine print and do research. Its works i done it, people don't hate on me im just telling him how to make a quick buck legit(sort of) u only hand your credit info to big companys like blockbuster so your safe there, and people pay u through paypal. And u gota be 18 or older. So do this at your own risk and do research on those forums and read fine print on anything u sign up for(sometimes trials 4 7 days or less) pretty easy to cancel too. Some u can cancel online. Well thers my 2 cents, worked for me during christmas when i was broke
Sadly I've gone this route before and its something you can only do once.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i saw a news clip on this guy who put his daughter through college collecting cans and recycling them. no joke! if he could pay for college doing that, you could easily pay for iPhone! Heck I might even start!