iPhone, meet the Boxster

Jul 1, 2007
Well, Apple was right. Some iPod dock connectors will not work with the iPhone. My car dock did not.
I had to do 2 things to modify the existing dock so the iPhone can be used in the car.

First was to modify the 3.5 mm audio jack of a pair of iPod buds.
Once again, Apple *slightly* changes std. equipment, in this case, the std. 3.5mm stereo jack in the iPhone is recessed just enough, so that *most* existing ear bud/phone lugs will not work.
I used a pair of old ear buds, and an Exacto, to trim a ring around the plastic so it will fit in the iPhone.
Works perfectly.

Next was to route the cable from the plug back to the back of the H/U, and wire it to the existing h/U plug. Easy. At least the dock connector provides power for the iPhone, and it fits in the cradle well.

Oh, and the Bluetooth connection is flawless.

Jul 2, 2007
We share something in common I see. I have an iPhone, and a car with a boxer horizontally opposed flat 4 motor, only my car is made in Japan, has AWD, and is turbocharged. In other words, it's a Subaru.

But anyways, I also have the Parrot CK3100 and i've noticed that the iPhone doesn't automatically pair with my Parrot kit like my other phones have in the past. I have to manually pair it each and every time I start the ignition. Do you have to do the same thing, or is it automatically pairing for you?