iPhone message "quick list"?

Jun 23, 2009
I just picked up my iPhone (3G), and the screen wasn't locked- and I pressed something which somehow brought me to some sort of quick message list menu. It had a plus icon at the top, and editable quick msgs like "come here often?" and "you had me at scrolling".

How do you get to this menu? I can't figure out what I did! lol

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I just picked up my iPhone (3G), and the screen wasn't locked- and I pressed something which somehow brought me to some sort of quick message list menu. It had a plus icon at the top, and editable quick msgs like "come here often?" and "you had me at scrolling".

How do you get to this menu? I can't figure out what I did! lol
Never heard of it. Do you have a screen shot?

Jun 23, 2009
No I didn't think to take a screen shot! =\ I just deleted the "come here often?" entry (I'm married I don't need it lol), and left the rest alone.. There were a few, like "be home soon" and "yes"..

I think it said "messages" at the top.. And it had the "+" sign at the top to add your own custom entries. I hit the home button to get out of that screen, and now have NO clue how I got there..

There is NOTHING on google about this.. very weird!

I also remember specifically the last one was "you had me at scroll..." - the word scrolling didn't fit so there were the three dots...

rasputinj

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Sounds like a 3rd party app. Is this new phone or refurb?

Jun 23, 2009
It's a new iPhone 3G - I got it the day it came out.

I finally figured out what I pressed! I barely use the app, so I wasn't familiar with the layout.. it's called "Shout it", and it just says "Messages" at the top with an edit button and a + button. There are some preset messages to scroll across the phone underneath that...