iPhone messed up =[

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i just came home and decided to use my iPhone and i realized that the volume button that makes the speaker louder is JAMMED! and wont coem back out i tried to fix it but now it just got worse and the screen just shows the Ringer sign with the volume all the way up does anyone know if Apple will exchange my iPhone for a new one? =[

Uncle Sam

Jul 28, 2007
South Eastern Coast, USA
i just came home and decided to use my iPhone and i realized that the volume button that makes the speaker louder is JAMMED! and wont coem back out i tried to fix it but now it just got worse and the screen just shows the Ringer sign with the volume all the way up does anyone know if Apple will exchange my iPhone for a new one? =[
its possible. Are you inside your 14 day window? Either way, I'd shine that sucker up and give it a try. Sorry for your bad luck. What happened? Did you drop it?

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Did you try cycling the power on the iPhone? I had this happen to me and I fixed it by holding the top button and the home button together until the reset slider appears and then reset it. I have not seen the problem since. Good luck!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Did you try cycling the power on the iPhone? I had this happen to me and I fixed it by holding the top button and the home button together until the reset slider appears and then reset it. I have not seen the problem since. Good luck!
But the volume button is a physical piece of hardware, so I doubt that a reboot will dislodge it.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Outside of the first 2 weeks, Apple will either repair or replace it at their option. Either way, you're not out of luck.

You're welcome to try rebooting the iPhone, but as was said above, if the button is truly stuck, that won't help.

-K

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
alright thanks guys im going to go to the store today cross my fingers they replace it lol or else im dead

rebooting it didn't work =[

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yeah all did was ask them 2 replace it and they said ok with no problems the guy got a new one took off the plastic factory seal and just switched the sim cards and told me 2 reactivate it i came home and i just went to iTunes asked me to restore my ipod from my other one i clicked ok and done now it works =]

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
yeah all did was ask them 2 replace it and they said ok with no problems the guy got a new one took off the plastic factory seal and just switched the sim cards and told me 2 reactivate it i came home and i just went to iTunes asked me to restore my ipod from my other one i clicked ok and done now it works =]
That's good to hear! I'm glad it worked out! :laugh2:

Did iTunes restore things like your call history and text messages? I've never reset mine, so I was just wondering. I've read that it does. What was your experience?

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yeah they said when u go home u have 2 reactivate it i went home plugged it in and it said would u like to restore "chris's iPhone" and i just clicked continue and it restored my contacts then activated it the sim card was already in there from the old one and it just started puting my iTunes songs back on there but the contacts were back and all my settings and everything else :laugh2:

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I guess for future phone buyers, we should encourage them to at least turn on the phone at the store, just to check for any pre-activation quirks. Another reason activation would be optionally nice at the store.