iPhone misspelling I'm to IM

jcp

Jun 17, 2009
usually when i spell im it corrects to I'm. now my phone corrects to IM. I have reset the keyboard settings and this does nothing. the only thing that gets rid of it is if I do a restore, but after I synch with my music it comes back. any thoughts? this does this in 3G and 3GS.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
When it suggests it, tap the suggestion. After you do it a few times, the iPhone will realize that you really want "I'm" and stop correcting it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The most annoying one now (hopefully it'll go away) is "me" correcting to "mr". Or is it only my phone doing this?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Just touch the suggestion 3 times and it will stop suggesting it.

jcp

Jun 17, 2009
thanks but I've touched to ex out that correction more than 10 times and it doesn't fix it. Is there somewher I can delete this on my computer cause it happens when I synch the iPhone (despite deleting previous backups in iTunes).

jcp

Jun 17, 2009
thanks but I've touched to ex out that correction more than 10 times and it doesn't fix it. Is there somewher I can delete this on my computer cause it happens when I synch the iPhone (despite deleting previous backups in iTunes).

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
3.0 seems to have messed with auto correct a bit. Hopefully an update will correct the problem. I have noticed some problems also.

jcp

Jun 17, 2009
so the reason was I had a job title in my contacts labelled IM, the new software looks at job title and corrects it to that. erased it and fixed.

jcp

Jun 17, 2009
so the reason was I had a job title in my contacts labelled IM, the new software looks at job title and corrects it to that. erased it and fixed.

When doing the cancelation on Auto-correct, I did read somewhere that only certain applications remember when you X out three times. I don't remember which ones but that may help. That may be why you are doing it a lot, perhaps the application you are doing it in does not remember the times you disregarded the change.