iPhone Modding After 1.02 Update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are you going to continue modding your iPhone after this most recent update? (1.02)

• Yes, without a doubt!

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Yes, but I'm a little more afraid this time.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I always wait for official Apple updates!

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No, I'm afraid of bricking my iPhone.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I'm thinking about it.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
So according to this new iPhone Update it looks like it unpleasantly forces you to restore and recover your iPhone before updating it, forcing you to remove all hacks before updating it to 1.02. Through my experience this was true and I hated it. Anyways, I made a previous poll about modding in general regarding success/brick stories but now, I'm interested in knowing what you are going to do as the owner of your iPhone, modder or not. Are you going to keep modding or wait for the official updates from now on? Has the most recent update made you think twice about modding your iPhone again (for previous modders) because it gives errors while trying to update?

I'm also interested in those who have modded after this update, I want to know if it still allows you to use jailbreak, iFuntastic and all those other cool programs. More specifically for me, interested in those who have modded using a PC with Windows XP/Vista. Mac user's are more than welcome to share their experiences too.

Anyways, I noticed no one wants to reply with their experience, at least vote on the poll to give people an idea of what people are doing with their iPhones after the update. (Not sure why people would wanna know but I think it'll help people who want to mod make a decission for those who are hesitant) Thanks!

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i swore i was going to keep my phone stock after this damn update and well... whata u know I got bored this morning looking at it and its modded again... oh well!

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
i swore i was going to keep my phone stock after this damn update and well... whata u know I got bored this morning looking at it and its modded again... oh well!

My phone is fully modded again after the 1.02 update. I have a windows xp pc and modding was easy as pie.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Yeah I was apart of the "Yes, but I'm a little more afraid this time." and well, this morning I decided to do my ringtones and system sounds once again. I also have a PC w/ Vista and I had no problems while using Jailbreak. It was just as easy as the first time!

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
win xp and using ibrickr with zero problems. Complete simpsons theme with system sounds and all
Can someone please up my knowledge, what is iBrickr, it sounds so helpful for someone who might have a bricked iPhone or something, it even sounds like it will install sounds & ringtones easier too. Anyways if someone is kind enough to explain to me what it's all about that'd be nice!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Can someone please up my knowledge, what is iBrickr, it sounds so helpful for someone who might have a bricked iPhone or something, it even sounds like it will install sounds & ringtones easier too. Anyways if someone is kind enough to explain to me what it's all about that'd be nice!
Search for it here for info. I googled it and there isn't much literature but it was so simple. After I updated (and had to restore) my phone I installed ibrickr. Installs homescreen apps of your choice and sounds and ringers too. Very easy compared to jailbreaking the phone and typing all those dos commands and what not. In 15 minutes I had the simpsons theme which had taken me HOURS to do before the update last week or so...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
iBrickr is an iPhone utility by none other than Natetrue!

http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

If you don't know who that is, let's just say you have him to thank for some of modding you're doing on your iPhone.

This is an all in one solution similar to iFuntastic on the Mac. The only thing I haven't actually seen it do is normal file transfers, which kind of irks me. How am I supposed to xfer my NES roms?

I don't want to install SSH on my iPhone this time around even though I prefer to use WinSCP for file transfers. I guess I'll have to give Manzana a go :T

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
ifuntastic2.5, here for system sounds and ringtones gotta have it, the email sound "original was pathetic" never modded anything but this phone needs it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
iBrickr is an iPhone utility by none other than Natetrue!

http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

If you don't know who that is, let's just say you have him to thank for some of modding you're doing on your iPhone.

This is an all in one solution similar to iFuntastic on the Mac. The only thing I haven't actually seen it do is normal file transfers, which kind of irks me. How am I supposed to xfer my NES roms?

I don't want to install SSH on my iPhone this time around even though I prefer to use WinSCP for file transfers. I guess I'll have to give Manzana a go :T
As an FYI iBrickr does allow file transfers (though only one file at a time):

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator: