iPhone mods - anyone have problems doing them?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

samd12

Jul 8, 2007
Just wondering with all of the people who have done mods to their phones has anyone messed up their phone at all to the point where they could not fix it themselves?
On the other side how many of you were successful and what mod/mods did you use?

iWantone

Jun 18, 2007
I have successfuly been able to add Ringtones to my iPhone but other than that, nothing else works. I follow directions exactly and look at screenshots and whatnot to see if I got anything wrong but I end up with the same thing I had after 30 minutes of messing with it. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i modded mine last night, it took a while but after i got some ringtones on my iPhone, i began to have second thoughs so i restored my iPhone and all the settings. and then this morning i changed my mind again and wanted the ringtones so i did it again. but the second time was easy because i already have all program downloaded :cool:

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I haven't had any problems modding my phone. I have custom ringtones, homescreen icons, carrier logo, etc. I'm changing all of the icons that I can!:laugh2:

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
I successfuly installed jailbreak and got iPhoneinterface up and running

But when I replace PNG's as instructed and reboot my iPhone, nothing happens

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007

Did you make the PNGs yourself or did you download them? If the files are renamed from some other kind of file and aren't actually the correct type they wont work.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007

is the prefix of the .png file the same as the .png that your trying to change? it has to be the exact same file name. case-sensitive. Also, are you using OSX or windows? because i had trouble using my Mac so i modded my whole phone using manzana on my PC.