iPhone - Moving Icons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Is there anyway to change how many icons that's on each screen? Tks
You can move the icons between screens, you can separate them out however you want. By default the icons will automatically move to the top left of every springboard page/screen.

Is there anyway to change how many icons that's on each screen? Tks
With stock iOS installed, you can either have between 1 and 16 icons on each springboard screen as individual icons. Or, you can have 16 folders on a screen with up 12 icons in a folder so on that basis you can theoretically have 192 apps on each springboard screen.

With a Jailbreak you can customise this, so you can install tweaks like Iconoclasm which allows you to change the default behaviour. Giving you 5 icons on a row instead of 4, or more icons in the dock etc.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
With a Jailbreak you can customise this, so you can install tweaks like Iconoclasm which allows you to change the default behaviour. Giving you 5 icons on a row instead of 4, or more icons in the dock etc.
I have never used Iconoclasm for custom icon layouts, Gridlock has always been enough for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Gridlock doesn't allow for say 5 icons in a row though does it? It just allows you to overwrite the snap to next space default behaviour that you mentioned above
Gridlock does allow 5 icons in a row. You have to have five-column-springboard installed, though. With Gridlock you can place an icon in any location where an icon would usually sit. They don't automatically snap to the left etc. Gridlock is a nifty little tweak, why Apple hasn't given us this ability by default I'll never know.