iPhone Nano or mini? Photo!

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
thats a regular size iPhone ! hold yours the same way you will see...

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
yes the springboard is different

hey you know if you're hand's bigger than your face...

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
thats a regular size iPhone ! hold yours the same way you will see...
the picture does not show a regular sized iPhone by any means...

clearly you can see theres only three rows of icons and no room for any more as opposed to the 4 rows we have on ours...and unless the person holding that phone is extremely large i cant see the iPhone looking that small...not very observant i see

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't see how this is going to be very beneficial unless it comes with a "mini" AT&T contract.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
the picture does not show a regular sized iPhone by any means...

clearly you can see theres only three rows of icons and no room for any more as opposed to the 4 rows we have on ours...and unless the person holding that phone is extremely large i cant see the iPhone looking that small...not very observant i see
By any means, to your standards. I actually held the phone the same exact way and it looks exactly like the hand and phone in the pic.

The only difference was the layout of the springboard, which has nothing to do with the size of the phone in the hand =)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
By any means, to your standards. I actually held the phone the same exact way and it looks exactly like the hand and phone in the pic.

The only difference was the layout of the springboard, which has nothing to do with the size of the phone in the hand =)
i agree. unless the hand in the photo is that of a swiss dwarf, the hardware itself is the same size as my iPhone.

use your thumb for a comparison. I have smallish-sized hands, and my thumb starts and ends at the exact same spot on my phone as the one in the picture.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
acosmichippo!

IS THAT AN iPhone NANO IN YOUR AVATAR?

:)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i can't confirm nor deny that suspicion.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
looks photoshopped, badly too. it kinda looks like the artist/designer messed up. then again...it could just be something thrown out there to give people something to talk about...

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I agree. The ad even says "iPhone" and nothing else. If it were indeed a nano or mini it would have been labeled.

Believe me, if an iPhone nano or mini were released, we would all know about it.

pab277

Aug 1, 2007
i doubt we will ever see an 'iPhone Nano' of any kind. It would be like Apple taking a baseball bat to the iPhone, crippling its features in the process.

And if Apple did decide to release a new iPhone, they would most likely first release it to AT&T.

thats just my two cents :]

H

Hayesimus

i think its neither iPhone nor iPhone nano/mini.
its someone's idea manifested of an iPhone nano. like what has already been said. a poorly photoshopped pic. but it is still DEFINITELY not the same size as a regular iPhone. there's just no way around it. The icons are that size for a reason. they can't be bigger or smaller by very much and even if they were a little bigger, the spacing between them wouldn't be the same as it is here. definitely someone's use of a slow afternoon somewhere

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
no, it definitely is the size of a regular iPhone. Its just that the springboard was cut off a little to make the icons look more robust and difinitive.

H

Hayesimus

well i guess i just have the smallest hands in the world because there is NO WAY that my iPhone is that small in my hand. but i probably got a different size than yours. i probably got one that was inflated a little to make it look more robust and difinitive. i have excellent spatial acuity. that is NOT the size of a regular. it is a Photoshop! for christ sakes!

H

Hayesimus

not reall.jpg

here's my comparison

H

Hayesimus

see how his thumb is bent slightly and almost reaches the top and my is almost straight and doesn't come close. also the icons in the springboard, not on the dock, appear to be roughly the same size compared to his fingers as mine are compared to my fingers. and the phone even appears to have less width. like i said its a photo shop. so they probably took a regular iPhone and chopped it down to their liking. but it isn't the same as a real iPhone. yay for photoshop. only useful at supplying endless pointless arguments and stupid debates! yay!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I have seen this picture in reports relating to the Swis release of the iPhone.