iPhone newb with questions (Music)

Grifftech

Bronze
Dec 14, 2007
My wife wants an iPhone for X-Mas and I had a few questions.

First off, we are currently using Napster for our MP3 players and we have like a 1000 songs, I was wondering if there is anyway I can convert those songs to a format that can then be loaded in to iTunes so I can play them on the iPhone.

Also she found a site called **********.com and was wondering if those sites are legit.

So in a nutshell trying to find the least expensive route to get songs for her.

Also anyone know of any type of accessory that would allow you to listen to the radio through the iPhone?

Thanks so much,
Griff

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Currently there is no easy way to listen o the radio through an iPhone. I am sure you could do some select stations through Orb and I think there is a 3rd party app that does some radio stations but it is very hit and miss.

You take any of the mp3s you have and migrate/add them into iTunes and then sync that to your iPhone.

The least expensive legitimate way to get music on your wifes iPhone is iTunes, at least that is the cheapest I have found. If you are talking more along the lines of "covert" give me music for free places, I have no idea.

Grifftech

Bronze
Dec 14, 2007
Currently there is no easy way to listen o the radio through an iPhone. I am sure you could do some select stations through Orb and I think there is a 3rd party app that does some radio stations but it is very hit and miss.

You take any of the mp3s you have and migrate/add them into iTunes and then sync that to your iPhone.

The least expensive legitimate way to get music on your wifes iPhone is iTunes, at least that is the cheapest I have found. If you are talking more along the lines of "covert" give me music for free places, I have no idea.
Would this work? http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/10/apple-ipod-radio-remote-adds-fm-to-ipods/