iPhone newbie hopeful...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 16, 2007
I am on the verge of getting an iPhone but I was hoping that someone could give me a little insight. I haven't really seen one in person but I was wondering how browsing the internet works. I mean, can you click on every link on every website like you would for a normal PC? It seems that when you tap on the screen, it just zooms. Thanks.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Browsing is great on the iPhone. It's almost full browsing. I say almost because Flash isn't supported (yet). Double tapping on an area outside of a clickable item (eg link) will zoom a page in that area. Tapping on a link will open that website link. There are other cool features that also enhances web browsing, as well as other phone features and functionalities that puts this phone above any other phone currently out on the market. Recommend it highly! Go get one already!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Welcome to the forums! :)

It's pretty much just like browsing on a PC. A quick double-tap zooms in and a single click opens links.

edit: oops, ako beat me to it.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
welcome to EIP!

and like they're said, web browsing is very similar to that of a safari on a mac, but with an on-screen keyboard and no mouse.

you can have multiple windows open at once which definitely comes in handy.

it's basically full internet browsing(minus flash/java) in your pocket!