iPhone nightmare

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 7, 2007
i purchased the iPhone on the 29th of june
got it activated through prepaid because no one at the store
seemed to know anything about a pre approval credit code that
the iTunes required, but anyway i got it activated on prepaid
it worked from the 30th of june to the 3rd of july and
stopped sometime early july 4th
i haven't had any service on my phone since july 4th
i cant receive or make any phone calls or messages
iv called Apple and AT&T nonstop to get the problem fixed
but still i have no service
ive restarted, restored and reset the phone and still nothing,
when i switch my sim card to another AT&T phone it works fine,
when i switch it back to my iPhone i get nothing,
iam ready to throw my iPhone across the room!
every time i call Apple they say its a service issue and they transfer me to AT&T and everytime i talk to someone at AT&T they say i need to talk to some one at Apple because they have to handle the tech issues!
As you all know i paid over $630 for the 8gig iPhone
over $100 for activation and features
ive spent well over $700 for this phone, and it has ruined my holiday weekend
ive spent the 4th of july and counting on my home phone talking to Apple and AT&T reps trying to get it working. the frustration is boiling over!
i just want people to know my situation and im wondering if any one else is having the same problem.:oops: it is now july 7th almost 7pm and i still don't have any service with no sign of being even close to a solution, i need HELP!

Jul 7, 2007
Ever hear of paragraphs? Anyway...

I assume you bought the iPhone at an Apple Store or AT&T. Preferably, take it to an Apple store and explain the issue to them. If the sim is working in another phone then it is more than likely the iPhone itself. Calling CS isn't going to get the phone magically replaced and working.

Jul 7, 2007
Ever hear of paragraphs? Anyway...

I assume you bought the iPhone at an Apple Store or AT&T. Preferably, take it to an Apple store and explain the issue to them. If the sim is working in another phone then it is more than likely the iPhone itself. Calling CS isn't going to get the phone magically replaced and working.
i don't have an Apple store no where near me

Jul 7, 2007
That is nonsense, they refused to let you exchange it without restocking fees? I would speak to a manager and go from there.
thats exactly what i said, they told me i could not exchange it at all at the AT&T store all i could do was return it and pay the fee. They said only Apple cant exchange it or repair it so i would have to go to an Apple store or call Apple, and as i said before i don't have an Apple store anywhere near me so i guess im just stuck with it

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
thats exactly what i said, they told me i could not exchange it at all at the AT&T store all i could do was return it and pay the fee. They said only Apple cant exchange it or repair it so i would have to go to an Apple store or call Apple, and as i said before i don't have an Apple store anywhere near me so i guess im just stuck with it
Call Apple and explain everything to them (politely)... tell them you tried to exchange it but AT&T won't let you. Tell them you have no Apple store near you. Ask if they would consider sending you a loaner and waiving the fee, or just sending you a new replacement phone. They may be willing. Ask (nicely) to speak to a supervisor if necessary.

Jul 7, 2007
Call Apple and explain everything to them (politely)... tell them you tried to exchange it but AT&T won't let you. Tell them you have no Apple store near you. Ask if they would consider sending you a loaner and waiving the fee, or just sending you a new replacement phone. They may be willing. Ask (nicely) to speak to a supervisor if necessary.
I have an appointment at an Apple store tomorrow at 5:30pm
its over an hour away, but i guess i gotta do what i gotta do.
we'll see what happens

Jul 7, 2007
ok ok i went to the Apple store and one of the geniuses tried to make two phone calls on my iPhone and it didn't work so he just said ok and gave me a new phone, so now i have a new phone that actually works, for now
:)