iPhone not charging with computer

ajkennedy

Nov 17, 2008
Hi,

suddenly my iPhone stopped charging through computer (the same was working fine till yesterday). But it is charging with the power adaptor.

Iam using 2G and 2.2 is my version.

Can someone help me on this.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
How are you using 2.2 firmware? It's not out yet. 2.1 is currently the latest.
If your phone is not charging from the PC, try a different (preferably Apple made) cable.

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
I guess the cable works as long as you used the same cable when you charged with the power adapter, so I guess it might be your USB hardware or driver?

Try using another USB port, or see if the USB port works with some other equipment.

ajkennedy

Nov 17, 2008
How are you using 2.2 firmware? It's not out yet. 2.1 is currently the latest.
If your phone is not charging from the PC, try a different (preferably Apple made) cable.

Sorry, iam using 2.1 not 2.2.
Checked the cable and system both are fine(tested with my friend iPhone).

I was using Apple cable only.

Regards,
John.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So does the phone charge from the same cable connected to the wall charger? If so, I would try to reinstall iTunes latest version and test.
What operating system are you using? Windows XP, VIsta, MAC?
If a windows system, does the system make the "hardware Connected" tone notification when you plug in your phone? Does a window open up asking what you would like to do with "Apple iPhone Camera" pictures? if all that is happening, then it's something in iTunes. If not, then there might be a problem with the phone's connector. Make sure that it is debris free. No lint or anything. Blow it out with straw or something. don't use canned air. It could blow crap up into the phone.
If none of that works, the last suggestion is to test on somone elses PC to see if it is recognized. If not, take it to Apple.