iPhone not connecting to iTunes after mod help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Eblake

Jul 23, 2007
I modded my iPhone and then I tried to add a skin using my mac laptop. The changes in the skin shows up but I now cannot connect to iTunes and when I tired to connect with iPhone interface or jailbreak again it gives me an error # -402653150

Can anyone help me at all thanks in advance!

How can I restore my iPhone when I can't connect to it anymore?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I modded my iPhone and then I tried to add a skin using my mac laptop. The changes in the skin shows up but I now cannot connect to iTunes and when I tired to connect with iPhone interface or jailbreak again it gives me an error # -402653150

Did u reset the iPhone and tried to connect again? Have you tried to reinstall iTunes? Have you tried connecting iPhone to another Mac and lauching iTunes? It should see the iPhone and you could restore it from there. My laptop gives me that option, even though the iPhone is sync'd with my MacPro.

KennX

Aug 12, 2007

You're modding on a Mac, right? Did you replace the Services.plist file after you finished up? I've noticed that on the Mac you pretty much have to do that or you can run into this error.

A couple things you can try... you can keep trying to jailbreak because for whatever reason, I've had the experience that sometimes it will work and other times it won't. I've also had pretty good experience with iFuntastic 2.5 on the Mac working when I couldn't get the command line version to work (even though it uses it... go figure)

Next thing you can try is if you have access to a Windows box. Try connecting up to iTunes on that. If you can't see the iPhone there then try to re-jailbreak and iPhoneInterface/Manzana to get the connection going.

I've had the same issue awhile back and eventually I was able to get it working again. Here's hoping you have the same luck!

-KennX

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007

simple answer . don't mod your iPhone.
for all the modders out there . its fun and all. but come on don't come on here and post problems that are 3rd party that have nothing to do with the original iPhone . Apple will come out with an update somtime and then youll be sorry because youll prob have to restore everything. Im waiting and saving a headache.

KennX

Aug 12, 2007
for all the modders out there . its fun and all. but come on don't come on here and post problems that are 3rd party that have nothing to do with the original iPhone . Apple will come out with an update somtime and then youll be sorry because youll prob have to restore everything. Im waiting and saving a headache.
Apple has already released an update that caused modders to have to restore. If you back things up it's trivial to get things back the way they were. Within 15-20 minutes I was re-modded with custom icons, ringtones, games, and all of the other GREAT apps the modding community has generated. Doing a restore once in a while is a small price to pay for the extreme benefit of all the added features that are out there and will only get better and more useful as time goes on. While it's true that modding isn't for everyone... The only real pre-requisites are patience and the ability to read. Most of the replies to people seeking help have useful and informative. Hopefully, most of them will continue in that spirit.

-KennX

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I thought he just wanted to restore his iPhone, but can't...

bigyack

Aug 7, 2007
modding

modding is a way of life and updates are only temporary set backs. No one wants to have the same phone given to you in military fashion. Be different! Mod mod mod

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
but come on don't come on here and post problems that are 3rd party that have nothing to do with the original iPhone
Anyone who modifies their iPhone should do so knowing that they could corrupt the device and create these kinds of problems (or worse). Your warranty may be voided as well.

However, there's nothing unlawful or prohibited about modifying an iPhone. Discussion and information sharing about it are encouraged here. In that same spirit, these forums are great places to seek help should problems occur.

-K

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
the choice is yours. But you are missing out on a lot of fun.

I Modded Mine
now im bricked!
I go on to iTunes, it tells me it cannot connect due to an unkwon error!
and iactivator tells me there was an error connecting as well..

sombody told me to delete the firmware and then put the original back in..

how can i do this without using iTunes, or iactivator?

thanks