iPhone Not Planned for WWDC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Too bad. Piper Jaffrary's analysts are usually pretty reliable... but anything is possible, especially this early in the game. The June 29th rumor is looking more and more credible.

I would be very surprised if Apple & Jobs snub the iPhone at WWDC. If this is true, that may mean Apple is not planning on having 3rd party developer support for the iPhone after all, either.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Yeah, this is the show where they are gonna bust out all the stops for Leopard. The iPhone would steal away some of the press from that.
Agreed, but as Spin This! pointed out, if the iPhone was going to be opened to 3rd party apps it only makes sense that they would inform the developers attending the conference. If this is true, it is a bad sign for 3rd party apps in the near future.

@Spin This! thanks for the link. I guess I need to check EI's main page more often instead of jumping right to the forums ;).

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i take there won't be an announcement of the release day either.

UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHH..

oh well...time to adjust my countdown to June 29​

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Jobs usually spends like 10-15 talking about other stuff Apple is doing first. Maybe he will talk about third party support and other iPhone stuff. The keynote is scheduled for a hour and a half.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I would be shocked if Jobs did not mention the iPhone and its availability date at the WWDC keynote. This is the Next Big Thing™.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Hopefully he pulls an OPRAH and tells all the guests to look under their seats and there will be iPhones for everyone. :)

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I would bet they started making them a month ago or so, but I do not know much about manufacturing. Anyone want to shed some light on this?
Without getting FCC approval first, starting manufacturing would be disastrous if they had to make a change.

I'm guessing the assembly lines are warming up right about now.