iPhone not restoring properly, progress bar hangs at 0%

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rackers

May 15, 2012
Hello all,

Just trying to restore an iPhone 3GS for a friend. I believe it had IOS 5 on it but began crashing and then came up with the recovery screen.

I am attempting to restore using the latest software however iTunes just says 'Waiting for iPhone' and the iPhone just has the Apple logo with an empty progress bar that doesn't appear to move, I left it overnight and still nothing! I am attempting a restore with the latest firmware

I have tried restoring in both recovery and DFU mode but with no success. I have tried two different cables and computers so running out of ideas.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rackers

May 15, 2012
Also, when connected to TinyUmbrella it doesn't show any firmware version information for the phone. I'm at a loss really with this phone!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Are you positive the phone is DFU mode when you're trying to restore?

Turn the phone off and connect the USB cable whilst holding down the home button. iTunes should launch, try and restore again.

Rackers

May 15, 2012
I have just tried that as well as entering DFU mode via redsnow and it still does the same thing, just sitting with the progress bar at 0%.

Thanks

Rackers

May 15, 2012
Is it possible the NAND got corrupt somehow and won't let the phone restore?

EDIT: I have tried the restore on three different computers now :(.

Rackers

May 15, 2012
I was replying on my Galaxy S, I think I may have done it by accident! Thanks guys, have recommend my friend to take it the Apple store and try and get lucky!