iPhone not showing up in iTunes window

dared1

Nov 12, 2008
I have a 3G. I successfuly downloaded iTunes and even downloaded a few songs. Since then, everytime I open iTunes I get 'this iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes then install iTunes again'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes at least 20 times and I get the same message. I have also tried using a different usb ports and still no luck! I'm really frustrated now! Please help:mad:

I think I updated to the 2.1 but I don't remember however I can't update anything now because when I open iTunes I don't see my phone.

Feb 12, 2009
Did you fix the problem?

I'm having the same one...any advice is appreciated.

dared1

Nov 12, 2008
It has to be my computer because I don't have the problem when I use a different computer. I have a Dell Inspiron B120.

Good Luck

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Have you ever successfuly synced your phone to your computer yet?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Is iTunes the latest version that youur downloading?

dared1

Nov 12, 2008
Yes. I was able to download without any problems when I first purchased the phone but when I went back to try and purchase songs to download, I would get that message. I removed iTunes and reinstalled it and it worked. However when I tried to do it another day, it gave me that same message and it wouldn't work even after I deleted it and reinstalled it. I did call Apple technical support and they were able to help me reinstall it. I was on the phone with them for almost 2 hours! Anyway, I used iTunes that night but when I went to get back on another day.....the same message! I borrowed a friend's computer and didn't have any problems.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Its gotta be your computer. Maybe an antivirus program is stopping iTunes from installing correctly? Are you on a mac or PC?