iPhone Not Suitable for Heavy Text Use

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I prefer the iPhone's keyboard over those plastic ones. The buttons are too small and like Jobs says, it always there. I don't want to see a keyboard when I'm listening to music.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I prefer the iPhone's keyboard over those plastic ones. The buttons are too small and like Jobs says, it always there. I don't want to see a keyboard when I'm listening to music.
yes and besides, I don't remember any device getting this much "studied", what next, "iPhone not suitable for watching movies..screen too small"?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
well if they think the keyboard is not suitable for heavy text use, they should just get a stupid blackberry, or even worse, a sidekick.
Leave the iPhone to the cool people!

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Dear God. Grow up.

So it doesn't text as well as other units? Big deal. There's no need to get all sour grapes about it.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Am I the only one that finds texting on the iPhone as easy as it has ever been? It feels so effortless and my mistakes are virtually always corrected correctly :). I had a blackberry prior to this so I was used to the QWERTY layout already. I consider myself a heavy texter, I got the 1500 a month plan.

lefooey

Sep 28, 2007
Am I the only one that finds texting on the iPhone as easy as it has ever been? It feels so effortless and my mistakes are virtually always corrected correctly :). I had a blackberry prior to this so I was used to the QWERTY layout already. I consider myself a heavy texter, I got the 1500 a month plan.
No, you're not the only one. My previous phone had a standard numeric keyboard and its predictive text was still time consuming enough that it was misery to text or even enter events on the calendar. The iPhone certainly does take some getting used to, which you can't do in the half-hour this study actually gave, but at least for me I've found it vastly superior to tiny keys or numeric pads now that I've used it for a while.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
wwow i usually type about 40wrds/min. loll. i seriously need unlimited. i only got the 1500 plan and i am already over by about $45 ! thats about twice as many txts as im allowed to use. and thats was how much i was over by like a week before my bill is supposed to come......
Sounds like you need to hurry up snd change to unlimited text. :cool:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Texting on the iPhone is ridiculously easy. People see me texting on it and they're just baffled and then I watch them on their Nokia (lawl) or their Sidekick and can't help but laugh.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Texting on the iPhone is ridiculously easy. People see me texting on it and they're just baffled and then I watch them on their Nokia (lawl) or their Sidekick and can't help but laugh.
Same here when I'm on the train to and from work and people with their blackberries see me type pretty well on it they make a face like " im using the wrong thing here" love that scene everytime. HA!

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Same here when I'm on the train to and from work and people with their blackberries see me type pretty well on it they make a face like " im using the wrong thing here" love that scene everytime. HA!
The keys on my blackberry 8830 were even smaller than the ones on the iPhone, so I can't understand where all this complaining is coming from. And if you didn't come to the iPhone from another QWERTY keyboard, then people should be grateful that they don't have to deal with T9 and all that nonsense anymore. I love the iPhone keyboard!

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Well personally I send an average of 16,000 txts a month so I think this thread is completely wrong. And I'm on my iPhone right now lol.

iCreep.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
The keys on my blackberry 8830 were even smaller than the ones on the iPhone, so I can't understand where all this complaining is coming from. And if you didn't come to the iPhone from another QWERTY keyboard, then people should be grateful that they don't have to deal with T9 and all that nonsense anymore. I love the iPhone keyboard!

This is not really a “complaining” thread, it is just to discuss the crazy “studies” the iPhone goes through. A couple of weeks ago there was that study that the iPhone contained hazardous materials (which I don’t think people started to place their phones under the sink). In other words is a place to show the “studies” how f#$% up they are.