iPhone not working

brunkel

Nov 12, 2007
Monterey, CA
www.rhrunkel.org
My iPhone just says 'No Service' on the upper left, and I cannot call or be called, cannot do Stocks, nor Weather, etc. Do I just have to go to iTunes and resync?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
My iPhone just says 'No Service' on the upper left, and I cannot call or be called, cannot do Stocks, nor Weather, etc. Do I just have to go to iTunes and resync?
My iPhone does that when I no longer have an AT&T signal. Try going to a different location where you know there is a good AT&T signal and try again.

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Make sure you didn't accidentally put your phone in airplane mode under settings.....I've done this before when I went to turn the WiFi off or on.....it's easy to hit the airplane mode switch by mistake.....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I had this same problem the last couple of weeks. I found out yesterday that AT&T was making the switch to 3G in my area. The same thing might be happening for you. It would make sense that they convert as many areas as possible before the 3G iPhone release.

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
aaargh! my beloved (jailbroken) 4-month-old 3G packed up yesterday - anyone got any ideas before I take it in for repairs?
first, I noticed it was only vibrating, not ringing, when someone called
then last night, immediately after I made a call, the display vanished too.
now - people can call me but the phone rings (so quiet, it's inaudible) and I cannot take the call anyway because the display is not there and no matter what I press, nothing happens
it's fully charged by the way and can still be viewed by iPhone browser so no data lost so far

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Restore it and see if it works properly - if not you're ready for the genius bar

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
At least it should still be under warantee.....just!

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
thanks but still ignorant

thanks but where to find out how to restore it and where the genius bar is? and I'm now in China - but bought it in NZ, even if I could find the receipt I don't the warranty works here? :(