iPhone notes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

louveres

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Grayslake, Illinois
Since my last restore, with the 1.1.1. update, none of my notes show up on my iPhone. I tried syncing, I get my calendar, contacts from outlook, music, but not the notes. I tried pretty much everything I can think of, and still nothing. Any ideas on how I can get them from my computer?

Thanks

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Since my last restore, with the 1.1.1. update, none of my notes show up on my iPhone. I tried syncing, I get my calendar, contacts from outlook, music, but not the notes. I tried pretty much everything I can think of, and still nothing. Any ideas on how I can get them from my computer?

Thanks
I don't think you can, they are gone.

I prefer using Contacts to store notes, so they are truly synced to my PC and do not rely on a backup process that is known to fail. I keep all notes in a section of contacts with names (using Business Name) that begin with #Note: Note Description. This keeps them together, and away from usual contacts. The actual note goes into the note field.

That said when I used the Notes app more frequently I used to backup the Notes.db file, but this requires a jailbreaked iPhone and obviously you need to backup the file before doing a restore.

--
Mike

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
they only are saved in the backup file you used after you restored to 1.1.1 .. if the backup failed to load, then they are gone.

many of us are hoping notes sync is coming with leopard, but for now there's nothing you can do.

louveres

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Grayslake, Illinois
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll survive then without the notes. Hopefully we can use notes and sync them with the future updates. Since we have this option, we should be able to fully use this feature of the iPhone.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Other Fonts?

On this note, tho unrelated to the thread idea, can the font be changed in the Notes application?