iPhone on American Idol

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm watching Idol right now. They've got their whole Idol on iTunes thing going and Ryan took it further with the iPhone. He pulled one out of the audience and talked about how you can download Idol Performances on the Wi-Fi iTunes Store. I also saw some MacBooks in behind the scenes shots earlier. Lots of Idol + Apple this season.

- John

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
yep just saw it too.. Was kinda surprised... Then remembered that iTunes has all the idol downloads!

S

Starry

I hate American Idol LOL... no I think it's just Paula Abdul LOL

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
I hate it too! I liked it the first season, but got sick of it.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I have one (maybe two) questions, has David Archuleta gone yet? and if so, was he good? or at least better than last week....(poor guy, as another teen I understand how hard it was to choose a song from the 60's)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have one (maybe two) questions, has David Archuleta gone yet? and if so, was he good? or at least better than last week....(poor guy, as another teen I understand how hard it was to choose a song from the 60's)
He was much better tonight. He's defiently going on for a while. I like him.

- John

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Thats good. He's definitely my favorite. I think (and am hoping) that the final 3 will be between him, david cook, and carly smithson

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I went to a taping of American Idol when they first started with all the guys in the smaller stage. I was sitting right behind Simon's Fiance and Nigel's wife, at one point one of Nigel's friends comes up and busts out an iPhone and shows some pictures of his kid and I started giggling and wishing that I had my phone with me. They send you through a metal detector and make sure you don't even have your phone with you before you go on set. It was an awesome experience though, I was close enough to the judges table I could've reached out and touched them. oh, and whenever Simon occasionally looks off of camera or off to the side, hes looking at his fiance.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I went to a taping of American Idol when they first started with all the guys in the smaller stage. I was sitting right behind Simon's Fiance and Nigel's wife, at one point one of Nigel's friends comes up and busts out an iPhone and shows some pictures of his kid and I started giggling and wishing that I had my phone with me. They send you through a metal detector and make sure you don't even have your phone with you before you go on set. It was an awesome experience though, I was close enough to the judges table I could've reached out and touched them. oh, and whenever Simon occasionally looks off of camera or off to the side, hes looking at his fiance.
I went to the results show taping for the top 12 (making it the top 11) almost exactly 3/4 years ago. I wasn't as close though. But still pretty good seats.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
We are going to the taping of the show tomorrow.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
We are going to the taping of the show tomorrow.
Have fun! It was much cooler than I thought it was gonna be, at first my girlfriend kinda dragged me with her but after I was there I was like oooooo, ahhhh

jaly2k

Mar 19, 2008
I'm watching Idol right now. They've got their whole Idol on iTunes thing going and Ryan took it further with the iPhone. He pulled one out of the audience and talked about how you can download Idol Performances on the Wi-Fi iTunes Store. I also saw some MacBooks in behind the scenes shots earlier. Lots of Idol + Apple this season.

- John
Did anyone else hear what he said about the iPhone? "It used to be exclusively with AT&T"... I thought it was locked down to AT&T for 5 years. Is there something we should know or does he have to say that because other carriers have it in other countries? Anyone?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Did anyone else hear what he said about the iPhone? "It used to be exclusively with AT&T"... I thought it was locked down to AT&T for 5 years. Is there something we should know or does he have to say that because other carriers have it in other countries? Anyone?
I would guess he said it that way because it's only exclusive to AT&T in the states but O2, T-Mobile, etc. have rights to it outside the US.

jaly2k

Mar 19, 2008
I would guess he said it that way because it's only exclusive to AT&T in the states but O2, T-Mobile, etc. have rights to it outside the US.
That's too bad. Ii'm stuck in a contract with Verizon but they are the best network where I live, work and travel. AT&T is just not very good in this area. Their billing is screwy too.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
That's too bad. Ii'm stuck in a contract with Verizon but they are the best network where I live, work and travel. AT&T is just not very good in this area. Their billing is screwy too.

I've had no problems with the billing. I came from Verizon and the billing actually seems less confusing/screwy than Verizon. AT&T is fine here where I'm at, but I do still like Verizon better.

Unfortunately, it will be another 4 1/2 years till the rights on the iPhone run out. And even then, who knows if there will be a CDMA iPhone.