iPhone on eBay

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
What do u guys think about buying an iPhone from ebay? I bought the MOTOROLA SLVR, last year and it was just fine, did not have any trouble.
Do you think its save to buy pre orders from EBAY?

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
What do u guys think about buying an iPhone from ebay? I bought the MOTOROLA SLVR, last year and it was just fine, did not have any trouble.
I personally would not. There have been many scammers trying to sell the iPhone on eBay already, even some with good feedback.

Not to mention the supposed fact that a 2 year contract is required to purchase an iPhone, thereforee, it would be extremely expensive and illogical for the sellers to offer pre-orders.

Who knows, maybe all of the activations will be done by us online, then buying the iPhone on eBay may be possible.

I too have purchased many good cell phones on eBay, but I would not recommend purchasing the iPhone from eBay yet, until we find out more about the contract and plan details.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If the guy has a high enough feedback rating you may want to take a chance. I can't see paying those outrageous prices though. You won't see iPhone prices on eBay drop until the rush is over from the initial release. I'm sure some will be available (especially if Go PHone versions are sold), but they'll be astronomical in price.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I don't forsee any major supply deficit so I would say it is a mistake to pay more than retail for a phone. And I would not trust anyone selling one of retail on E-Bay.

Personally I like to see E-Bay Resellers stuck with their merchandise. Not really a big fan of people's whose enitre businesss model is based on inconveniencing everyone else.