iPhone on T mobile

hatrabbit

Sep 7, 2011
My iPhone 4 is now on AT&T but I'm thinking about unlocking it and going to T mobile. As I understand it I'll lose some functions including 3g service. I would like to see what that would be like... if I go to settings - general - network and turn off 3g while still on AT&T would that accurately represent how data would perform if I do go to T mobile?
Thanks

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Unlock section.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
My iPhone 4 is now on AT&T but I'm thinking about unlocking it and going to T mobile. As I understand it I'll lose some functions including 3g service. I would like to see what that would be like... if I go to settings - general - network and turn off 3g while still on AT&T would that accurately represent how data would perform if I do go to T mobile?
Thanks
Yes, toggling 3G off would simulate the speeds of internet browsing and or downloading apps through the App Store over both GPRS and EDGE. You can still use wifi as normal, though :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you have updated the phone within the past year and it is on 4.1 or later, the only way to unlock it is with a GEVEY SIM card unlock and they don't always work well. If it's 4.0.2 or earlier, you can jailbreak and unlock with ultrasn0w.