iPhone on target for end of June

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Rumors might have it being released in April. But who knows. We all can only hope.
That is an old article. Since it has been reported recently that venders will deliver components to Apple in the beginning of April, it is unlikely we will see the iPhone for sale before June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 21, 2007
That is an old article. Since it has been reported recently that venders will deliver components to Apple in the beginning of April, it is unlikely we will see the iPhone for sale before June.
Doh! had to shoot my hopes and dreams down didn't you, lol.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm kind of wondering if they'll even announce a specific release date ahead of time. When they just released the AppleTV they didn't say ahead of time "will be for sale starting March 21." They just up and sent out emails saying the AppleTV is now on sale.

Have they ever announced a specific release date ahead of time?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
HEhe APRIL fools. As of now it comes out JUNE 07 in the US. Cingular is the only carier. However you say that you are Visiting the US? Better make sure Cingular covers where you live. You wil be paying a ton on top of what it costs already :)

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
Real release time

When Apple said on their website that they had to postpone the release of Leopard so that they could keep to their iPhone release date of "late June"

I live in Australia anyway so I have to wait until 2008. At least by then they will have a 3G iPhone. (They'll need it to be 3G to crack the Asian market)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Ah, luckily I have an etrade account. It's actually a story off of Reuters so I think it's probably okay to copy and paste it here:

iPhone on target for end of June launch, AT&T says
Reuters - April 18, 2007 6:17 PM ET

BOSTON (Reuters) - The iPhone, Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) first mobile handset, is on schedule to hit the U.S. market at the end of June, a senior executive with AT&T Inc. (T) said on Wednesday.

AT&T's wireless unit has an exclusive U.S. deal to sell the highly anticipated new handset.

"Our expectations are good. Our testing has been good," said AT&T Chief Operating Officer Randall Stephenson. "The iPhone is on target to launch in June."

The iPhone has become one of the most highly awaited product debuts since Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs demonstrated a prototype of the device in January.

There had been speculation by some blogs and reports that the iPhone could be delayed due to technical issues.

Stephenson said more than 1 million customers have said that they would like to buy one of the phones when they're available for purchase.

He made the comments while in Boston to speak at a Boston College Chief Executives' Club luncheon.

Stephenson said he was not sure how many iPhones will be available at launch.

"We're sorting through that right now," he said. "We got a million people waiting to buy it so we're hoping we get a million."

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
I went to Cingular/ATT this week and got put on the waiting list for an 8gig. They too said "late June" but estimated the 11th-17th. I just hope its the 15th...what a birthday present that will be for myself!

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
it would be nice if they released some for info. Less than too months to go and no one knows anything. With the ps3, at least I new it was coming out 11/17 months before and not just taking guesses