iPhone on tmobile in US?

al-awadhi

Oct 18, 2007
Hi .. I talked to a t-mobile cutomer representative in the US and asked them whether i could use a t-mobile phone that i brought from europe.

they told me that you have to unlock it from there (europe).. so i'm wondering,, do i still need to unlock the iPhone from there and will it void my iPhone warranty or not?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Took a few weeks for this to get reported. It does appear the members have sorted things out, which is great. In the future, please understand that members should argue the point and not the person. This is certainly not a place where personal attacks are accepted.

Thanks for your cooperation.
-Chris

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
Hi .. I talked to a t-mobile cutomer representative in the US and asked them whether i could use a t-mobile phone that i brought from europe.

they told me that you have to unlock it from there (europe).. so i'm wondering,, do i still need to unlock the iPhone from there and will it void my iPhone warranty or not?
hi
thats all understandable, i had to call a rep before because i had a nokia 6822 from cellularOne and it was originally unlocked and i wasn't able to get any data access on it from t-mobile. they told me the phone had to be "locked" onto their network... which sounded like a bunch of lies, but it was true for that phone atleast

As far as the pqdvd activator goes, do you really need iTunes 7.3.0.5 or can you have an earlier version of iTunes?
also be aware that you need to atleast kno the difference in an "activator" and an "unlocker".

for those of you who do not kno let me tell you,
Activator simply makes the phone work as a standalone device, as in you will still have to use it on its original network
Unlocker does as the name suggests, it unlocks the phone so it can be used on more than its original network.

correct me if im wrong ofcourse