iPhone only getting Older Emails from Yahoo

Dec 27, 2008
I have got a new iPhone, 3G, and have set up, deleted, set up, deleted, Googled for help all day, but I still cannot get my Inbox for Yahoo to give me any emails except for some between the dates of Dec 2 and Dec 9. I have tried several things. I am hoping that someone has had, or heard of someone that has had this problem. We are leaving to go Camping tomorrow afternoon (Sat. 27), and with "No" internet service, I was hoping to get my email on my new iPhone while I was gone, but that doesn't look like that will happen...:(We don't leave until tomorrow afternoon, so if I don't reply after then, I will be back Jan 3 and hopefully someone will have a solution for me, or at least some suggestions.
Thanks! Happy New Year!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Are you using outlook or outlook express to also get your email? If so there are some settings that may need to be tweaked to allow you to get email on your phone as well. This articale may help.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html

If you simply go to yahoo to read your mail (from pc) check the server settings are set to "leave on server for XXXX days after deleted" By leaving on the server you can view mail on both your phone and PC.

Dec 27, 2008
Are you using outlook or outlook express to also get your email? If so there are some settings that may need to be tweaked to allow you to get email on your phone as well. This articale may help.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-06.html

If you simply go to yahoo to read your mail (from pc) check the server settings are set to "leave on server for XXXX days after deleted" By leaving on the server you can view mail on both your phone and PC.
Thanks for your quick response!
i only use Yahoo webbased mail, but i do have my outlook set up on my desktop, setup by my ISP here at home, but never use it, and could probably use it if absolutely necessary. Will it still forward messages if it is not up and running? Like when I am away from my home?

Also, i may be brain dead after hours of concentrating on this issue. But i cannot seem to locate the "leave on server" feature in Yahoo? Also, just trying to "view Pop settings" it can only be done in the Older, Yahoo Classic Mail program, so i had to go there. I think I will try switching to that for Mail, and see if that helps....

Dec 27, 2008
Well, it didn't help. I did forward my yahoo emails to my Outlook using the email provided by my ISP, and set up the account on my iPhone. It only shows 4 emails, and there is a lot more. Of course it is STILL trying to download all the emails from my Yahoo (10 year long account) so maybe that will make a difference. I did find a "Leave messages on Server" option while in Outlook, so I did set that. A little disappointed, but I can still check this string via my 3g internet service while there! I just thought of that! So if anyone has any advice, please help! Thanks!