iPhone or iPod touch 16GB

Milanw

Aug 11, 2009
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right section for my question. If not: moderator/admin please move it to the right. I have some questions about the iPhone and Ipod Touch. Three weeks ago my mp3-player died, now i need an new one. But also my mobile is stolen. My eye felt for the Ipod Touch because I have a new mobile. I'm now living in The Netherlands but in 2 weeks I will move to the USA for 10 months, I will going to follow High School (12th) grade as a exchange student. Now my questions are: I don't need a new mobile because I have a new one and I don't bring my sim-card to the US. In the Netherlands the iPhone and Ipod Touch are really expensive, is it maybe a better idea to wait 2/3 weeks and then buy one in the US? Also I can buy one second hand, but is that smart and safe? For me it is difficult to make a choice: I think I will go for a Touch because I don't need a mobile. Now i need to know which is the best choice to make? I was thinking about an Ipod Touch 2G 16GB? Hopefully someone can help me with this. Have a good one!

Best Regards,
Milan

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
If you already have a phone and don't intend on signing up with AT&T then your cheapest choice will be a used iPod Touch.

Wait till you get to the states and find someone local to sell it...cash transaction lessens the chance of you (or the seller) from getting screwed.

Milanw

Aug 11, 2009
Ok, thanks. I am not looking for the cheepest one, but the best choice. I was thinking to spend about 200 bucks, but I don't know what I can get for this. I want to gonna check it out but if someone could tell me or if there is any US site/campany who is good and which sell the touch, so I can make my choice here.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If you fancy carrying round a multi-purpose media device then get an iPhone.

If you fancy getting a up-market music/video player with some cool features get an iPod Touch.

If money is a problem and your concerned with signing into a contract with your native iPhone carrier then visit ebay, they have some good deals on the iPhone 3G for a decent price.
;)

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
A brand new Touch will be more than $200 unless you can find a good deal somewhere.

www.ebay.com has buyer protection but you have a chance of not getting the product and dealing with a lengthy claims process

Another choice is to find one through the local www.craigslist.org ...

Milanw

Aug 11, 2009
Thanks a lot. How much cost a new Ipod Touch 2G 16gb in the States?

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Just a quick search on www.dealnews.com and I found pricing for brand new iPod Touch.
8gb - lowest $179
16gb - lowest $274
32gb - lowest $369

Again, you could try for used on one of the sites I listed before but that is a chance you take. I've bought used stuff before with no problem and have had problems before on rare occasions.

Milanw

Aug 11, 2009
Ok thanks all, now I know enough. I can deal with 300 dollar, so I will probably buy a new one, or I will look for a used one.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Ok thanks all, now I know enough. I can deal with 300 dollar, so I will probably buy a new one, or I will look for a used one.
Good luck, but beware. I was once in the same boat as you and though I loved my iPod Touch, I craved the iPhone and finally got one after my other phone's contract was up on Verizon (Yes, I had Verizon and though their network may be solid, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired!). I then sold my iPod Touch (why didn't they just call it the iPod touch?). And just so you know, they are NOT the same like many people say! Don't believe them! Nothing replaces constant access to the Internet and Google Maps.