iPhone or Samsung Galaxy SII

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hungry81, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Hungry81

Hungry81 New Member

I am looking at getting a new smartphone and was doing some reaserch. Anyway My friends recommended the Apple iPhone 4s, but one of them said to get a Samsung galaxy 2. I looked up reviews and stuff and both seem to get good reviews, But I found out that Apple phones use parts from Samsung and LG and that Apple dosent even make its own phones. it subcontracts to a company in China called foxconn. This is confusing me. If foxconn makes Apple and other brands phones what makes Apple the one to go for. My friends with the Apple devices say Apple is an innovative American company and that is a good reason to buy, But if this is not true and I bought an iPhone I would probrobly feel ripped off HELP PLEASE? I don't want to waste my money. (I will be buying the phone outright.)

BTW I asked on Android central? but I got banned and thread deleted cause they said I was noob and that Apple didn't actually invent anything, which I know is wrong cause they made facetime and smartphones and the app store. Thanks for your help

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You can get lots of great info in here.

#2 Bennyboy, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You have a 30 day return period with the iPhone 4S. Might as well check out both phones to see which one you like more. Most of us here are iPhone fans, but there are pros and cons to both. The SGS2 is probably the best Android phone on the market so that would be a good choice if you decide on Android.

4. Babyt

Babyt Zealot
    Gold

I have the galaxy s2.. And absolutely love it.. But i would get the 4s over it ANYDAY lol
    Go Apple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

5. Smiffy403

Smiffy403 Member
    Bronze

I cant speak for the Samsung as I've not had a play on 1 but I'd highly recommend the 4S I'm all over mine 8) just my 2 penny's worth !

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

6. jo12jt1

jo12jt1 Member
    Bronze

I have just come from a Samsung galaxy s2 and would say that you would have to go Apple ! It does not matter who makes the phones and where they come from its how they perform ! It took me a long time to move from the Samsung to Apple. I have always had the iPhone from the first one but did not have the 4 and could not bring myself to sell them ! Reason being/// you will always find that other phones will freeze at some point including the s2 But the iPhone has never done that to me and it is so smooth it's scary ? Go iPhone !

7. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Despite where the iPhone is assembled, Apple is an American company and is getting the lion's share of the profits. That should ease your mind in terms of your funds remaining in country.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

8. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I'm sure Samsung & LG don't make every component that's in their phone. This is true with just about anything you buy especially electronics.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Would that really make a difference?
    Buying something based on where it's made? Nowadays?

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I think some things it matters. To some people.

11. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

You would think not. The way the world is nowadays its virtually impossible to buy anything that's manufactured & assembled by one company or a single country.

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That's how the world works. It really shouldn't matter.

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

exactly.

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

iPhone 4S

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Apple phones do use parts from Samsung, but Apple pays Samsung to manufacture these parts for them.

Samsung, the scum that they are, on the other hand, just steals Apple's ideas and tries to pass them off as their own.

Here's just one example: http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/18157/Samsung_blatantly_copies_iphone_ipad_apple_sues?mm_ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DSamsung%2Bblatantly%2Bcopies%2BApple%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari

Google words like "Samsung copies Apple" and you'll find a bunch of others.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

16. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Absolutely.

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

what would that be? Do you care?

18. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Does Apple make any of the hardware in it's products? For a company holding so many patents, it's surprising how little they spend on actual hardware R&D. Just show's you how messed the patent system is.

From Apple's viewpoint it makes a lot of sense to not manufacture any gear since they're very successful at reducing the valuation of electronic components industry wide.

19. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Yes, I do care.

20. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

so why do you own an iPhone and a galaxy crappy phone? It has china written all over. Apparently you don't care enough.