iPhone originally for Verizon!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
man im cOLD. JK. But really it was planned for Verizon but they wouldn't give Apple all the creative space they wanted.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
i also heard that verizon wanted it to use their v-cast music downloading service and Apple obviously wouldn't use it, so they turned it down.

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Verizon will be releasing thir version of the iPhone called Prada soo. Yes! It's da same Prada as in expensive stuff.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
the GSM prada is out. And of course it's not actually made by prada, it's made by LG and branded with the prada name under liscensing. Anything to jack up the pricetag.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Verizon probably wanted to disable the WIFI and limit the Bluetooth capability. As they did with the Blackberry with GPS. Apple probably said either all features or no deal. Verizon probably said disable the WIFI or no deal. Irresistable force and immovable object. Verizon sucks. I am with them now and their service is terrible, for existing customers. New customers seems to be treated much better. I am looking forward to having a mobile phone/device made by a company as good as Apple and backed by such great customer service. Palm has lost my businesss for good as has Verizon assuming they keep the same businesss practices.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I am looking forward to having a mobile phone/device made by a company as good as Apple and backed by such great customer service.

You may wanna re-consider switching to AT&T, if this is what you're looking for. lol

I've heard they're actally the worst-rated as far as customer service and associate knowledgeability, of the top 5 mobile providers. Being a long-time customer, I don't have a problem believing this statement. lol

pdirish

Apr 26, 2007
Do the math.

This article claims that the iPhone was origionally for Verizon!...but Verizon turned them down basically because Apple wanted to keep to much of the profits.

I think the reason Apple choose AT&T and GSM platform for the iPhone is that there is a larger pool of GSM subcribers, 200+ million GSM subs Vs. 35+ million CDMA subs. Do the math @$250 gross profit for the iPhone, what platform is going to make more sense?

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Well, I have been with Verizon since the days of Bell Atlantic Mobile, and their customer service has gone down. Probably due to their claim of the "Most Reliable" network. Hence why I wonder they are offering the 30-day deal where you can make all the calls you wish on their network, and if unhappy, they will pay for all calls and you can move your number to another carrier of your choice. Anyway, different people have different experiences, and mine is not that good. I am willing to commit to AT&T for 2 years just so I am not locked into Verizon's choosing what features I don't get to have, but pay for (disabled GPS, etc).

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
This article claims that the iPhone was origionally for Verizon!...but Verizon turned them down basically because Apple wanted to keep to much of the profits.

I think the reason Apple choose AT&T and GSM platform for the iPhone is that there is a larger pool of GSM subcribers, 200+ million GSM subs Vs. 35+ million CDMA subs. Do the math @$250 gross profit for the iPhone, what platform is going to make more sense?
That is true too, since they can sell the iPhone worldwide, later on, since GSM is almost all over the world.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
You may wanna re-consider switching to AT&T, if this is what you're looking for. lol

I've heard they're actally the worst-rated as far as customer service and associate knowledgeability, of the top 5 mobile providers. Being a long-time customer, I don't have a problem believing this statement. lol
As long as my phone calls don't go like this.

Hello, Verizon Customer Service, how may I help you?

Hi, I am the proud owner of a Palm Treo 650....

Sorry, you'll have to call palm for any questions regarding that phone...

But this is a verizon question...

I'm sorry, you'll have to call plam for any questions regarding their product, Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless, we never Started working for you.

The next call to Palm was the same, just insert Verizon where Palm was, and add the fact that customer service for Palm was outsourced to india last year.

telePhono

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
cocoplum, fl
www.myspace.com
The reason why they chose Cingular / AT&T is because of the largest user-base nationwide. They also market their phones very well, and that's what is appealing to Apple, as they're selling phones, not mobile service.
very well spoken Healicks. :(
they also have amongst the most expensive plans.

T Mobile's 1000 mins w/ unlim nights and weekends - $45 [Mobile2Mobile $5]
Att 900 mins w/rollover and unlim nights and weekends - $59.99 [M2M incld]