iPhone OS 4.0 keeps restarting.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Installed the beta this morning and everything worked fine until about one hour ago. The phone keeps restarting unless is in airplane mode. I'm not home and can't restore it right now. I tried resetting network settings and all settings and nothing. Anybody else have the same issue?

Apr 9, 2010
Same problem here! Worked ok for most of the day and tonight around 6PM it started endlessly restarting. Trying a restore now. Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same. Nightmare!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I doubt it's expired. The betas generally last a few weeks and there is ample warning prior to expiration. Also, that wouldn't be typical behavior of an expired beta; the screen usually turns pink and the phone becomes unusable until you update.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I think I figured something out. The phone was fine for a long time and then it asked me to log in in the app store (like when you buy an app and it asks you for the password). I did and then it rebooted. I then logged out the account via the settings and have been fine ever since.

Joel82

Jul 7, 2010
Same problem here! Worked ok for most of the day and tonight around 6PM it started endlessly restarting. Trying a restore now. Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same. Nightmare!
I have the same problem I already rebooted it 4 times and same thing happens. I went to the Apple store they told me it was water damaged and they can't help me.