iPhone OS 4.0 keeps restarting.

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by jptolife, Apr 9, 2010.

1. jptolife

jptolife Member
    Silver

Installed the beta this morning and everything worked fine until about one hour ago. The phone keeps restarting unless is in airplane mode. I'm not home and can't restore it right now. I tried resetting network settings and all settings and nothing. Anybody else have the same issue?

2. orangepopsongs

orangepopsongs New Member

Same problem here! Worked ok for most of the day and tonight around 6PM it started endlessly restarting. Trying a restore now. Let me know if you figure it out and I'll do the same. Nightmare!

3. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Maybe it already expired and there is a new beta out?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I doubt it's expired. The betas generally last a few weeks and there is ample warning prior to expiration. Also, that wouldn't be typical behavior of an expired beta; the screen usually turns pink and the phone becomes unusable until you update.

5. jptolife

jptolife Member
    Silver

Did restoring work? It is still happening and I don't know what triggers it. :( it is a nightmare indeed.

6. jptolife

jptolife Member
    Silver

I think I figured something out. The phone was fine for a long time and then it asked me to log in in the app store (like when you buy an app and it asks you for the password). I did and then it rebooted. I then logged out the account via the settings and have been fine ever since.

7. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot
    Gold

Did you guys updated the iPhone / or did you restored it as a new iPhone? I would go for a clean new install, and then get all these apps, music etc. on-board!

8. chris5468

chris5468 Member
    Bronze

This is why I'm scared to try the beta:( I think I'm gonna wait until the second one is released

9. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Believe me, the second Beta will have bugs too. They always do!

10. Joel82

Joel82 New Member

I have the same problem I already rebooted it 4 times and same thing happens. I went to the Apple store they told me it was water damaged and they can't help me.

11. Joel82

Joel82 New Member

The resetting started to happen as soon as I updated to os 4