iPhone OS v3.0 Release TIME for Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Okay people, I just got off the phone with Apple iPhone technical support. While sometimes they can be unreliable with getting straight answers (like if you ask them if a rumor about the iPhone is true), but the representitive I spoke with gave me a rough guestimate as to what time tomorrow v3.0 will be uploaded to the server.

He told me he would like to say midnight, but he said it would be during mid-day during businss hours. His guestimate was......drumroll please......

BETWEEN 10AM - 1PM EST

Again I'm unsure the about this and the representitive could have been wrong but this is what he told me. I do hope that it comes out earlier though. We'll just have to wait and see.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'd like to believe the tech guy I really would, but typically Apple is very mum about releases. They will release it "when they are ready" and not before. It's entirely possible the tech guy is right but it's also entirely possible he knows nothing and is just telling you that because he assumed that will be the time and you'll believe him and get off the phone.

I'll believe the rollout time when I see it (though being on the GM already I might not even have to worry).

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
I'd like to believe the tech guy I really would, but typically Apple is very mum about releases. They will release it "when they are ready" and not before. It's entirely possible the tech guy is right but it's also entirely possible he knows nothing and is just telling you that because he assumed that will be the time and you'll believe him and get off the phone.

I'll believe the rollout time when I see it (though being on the GM already I might not even have to worry).
I undertand exactly what u mean termleech. I know the tech guy is just guessing. I've learned how uninformed Apple employees can be. I for hope it comes out ealier than he says. I have been waiting for this software update for 3 months and I'm tired of waiting. Glad it all ends tomorrow.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
As i said in another thread, last year the file for 2.0 appeared around 4am EST, but the official through iTunes didn't come out until midday. I'm hoping it is launched early morning too, but I expect it will be around lunch time again.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
I wish it were released at midnight. Boo.
agreed, but those of us with the GM, whats the rush? there isn't gonna be anything on there that is any better than what we already have right? if so i may just wait till thurs when the server dies down. i remember last year i couldnt activate my phone until the evening on release day. but i guess it may not be as bad seeing as how the update and the new phones are coming out on different days. i guess we will see tho.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
agreed, but those of us with the GM, whats the rush? there isn't gonna be anything on there that is any better than what we already have right? if so i may just wait till thurs when the server dies down. i remember last year i couldnt activate my phone until the evening on release day. but i guess it may not be as bad seeing as how the update and the new phones are coming out on different days. i guess we will see tho.
What about the new apps and app updates with in-app commerce, p2p bluetooth connectivity, and push notofications? Those are pretty important if ya ask me.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
yeah i guess, but will all my apps have updates tomorrow? man that will be annoying. and why do i have to have the public release to get those things.... whats so different about the GM app store that tomorrow will have? plus iTunes should be able to get those with out me doing it on the phone, right?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
What about the new apps and app updates with in-app commerce, p2p bluetooth connectivity, and push notofications? Those are pretty important if ya ask me.
What OS are you currently on?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
yeah i guess, but will all my apps have updates tomorrow? man that will be annoying. and why do i have to have the public release to get those things.... whats so different about the GM app store that tomorrow will have? plus iTunes should be able to get those with out me doing it on the phone, right?
What makes you think that, I am getting updates right now. The GM release is very likely the same one tomorrow. You could just download the updates into iTunes and when you sync it will update the ones on your phone.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
What makes you think that, I am getting updates right now. The GM release is very likely the same one tomorrow. You could just download the updates into iTunes and when you sync it will update the ones on your phone.
no i wouldn't think they would, but the post before me sounded like all the new apps with all the new features will be released tomorrow. and that is what i thought about the iTunes deal. it can update them then i can put them on when i sync. i have been getting updates to some even seem to have some of the new features, such as the YPmobile apps new map view(which i have had for a while). but i know they arent allowed to release apps created with the new SDK till tomorrow so i don't know.

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow

What is this "GM" that everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
no i wouldn't think they would, but the post before me sounded like all the new apps with all the new features will be released tomorrow. and that is what i thought about the iTunes deal. it can update them then i can put them on when i sync. i have been getting updates to some even seem to have some of the new features, such as the YPmobile apps new map view(which i have had for a while). but i know they arent allowed to release apps created with the new SDK till tomorrow so i don't know.
Maybe I am wrong, but I think we are able to access everything (other than mms) on the GM release. I got a tap tap revenge 2 update with push notifications yesterday, so I just figured they were starting to send updates to us. With the GM release we were allowed to send updated apps to Apple for approval. Now whether Apple will release them early or tomorrow (and so on) we will find out soon.
I'm on version 2.2.1 rite now. I'm just a regular iPhones end user with a little bit of jailbreaking knowledge.
Ok when you update(or restore) through iTunes tomorrow can you tell us if you have the little mms icon in messages and mms options under settings?

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
What is this "GM" that everyone is talking about? Did I miss something?
LOL, i don't know, what do you know? the GM was the final release to the devs in the beta program, it is basically a pre-release of the full 3.0. that all of the beta testers have on by now, and even some non testers have it running too.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
sure. i'll post it on this thread tomorrow. im gonna stay up til half past midnight EST and if the software isn't uploaded by then, I'll go to bed.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
sure. i'll post it on this thread tomorrow. im gonna stay up til half past midnight EST and if the software isn't uploaded by then, I'll go to bed.
damnit well now im gonna have to wait up and see too. this will be the only reason i fight this tomorrow

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Thanks! :) That will help prove if it they will be in the final release or if we will have to wait for a carrier update. I am hoping they will just be there cause my account is provisioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.