iPhone outside of US

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys i have a question and i was hoping some one could answer it.
Tomorrow i am leaving to El Salvador in Central America and i plan on taking my iPhone so i can use the ipod and the camera but i was wondering if i would get major Charges if i use the data outside of the country...anyone know what would happen? and if they do charge can i turn off my account for the time being and still use ipod and camera?

Thanks guys

rwily

Jul 12, 2007
Tomorrow i am leaving to El Salvador in Central America and i plan on taking my iPhone so i can use the ipod and the camera but i was wondering if i would get major Charges if i use the data outside of the country...anyone know what would happen? and if they do charge can i turn off my account for the time being and still use ipod and camera?

Thanks guys
Unless you have International Roaming enabled on your AT&T plan (not the default), you will not have any edge service at all outside the U.S. That means that you will not have any voice or sms capability at any time. You will have browser and email when you are connected to a wifi network, and there are no data charges for that.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Thanks guys
That's sounds like a question for Cingular/At&t. I think you would get much more informative answers from them.

Where can I find out information on international services?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Actually, I am working in Indonesia right now and I have my iPhone with me so I know that the information that I gave Thizzco0kie is accurate.
I was replying to the OP to let him know that he could find these answers on the AT&T site much quicker than posting questions here.