iPhone owners, anyone get the Tilt yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Any iPhone owners pick up a tilt? I picked one up and needless to say my iPhone is for sale. I will miss it but its time to move on to a real phone not a toy.

FouReYez

Jul 21, 2007
i was looking at it as a second phone or maybe the 8525. i was wondering if it was possible to swap the sim card back and forth?

chevychic55

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
OC Cali
superficial

Everything about the tilt is ugly. The screen shots look like the palm centro and the buttons/camera stick out. Plus the thing is almost twice as thick as the iPhone. I'm sure it is much better for businesss applications, but i don't really want my office life following me around.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Any iPhone owners pick up a tilt? I picked one up and needless to say my iPhone is for sale. I will miss it but its time to move on to a real phone not a toy.
I bought the Tilt last Thursday. I haven't used the iPhone for much other than a glorified iPod Touch since. I'm hanging on to it for a while to see what may become available from Apple. Not ready to get rid of it just yet, but very close. I really, really, really like the Tilt. Also, Audio playback in the Tilt is very impressive. What impressed me most about iPhone other than Safari and the battery life was the iPod, but the Tilt plays music just as good as the iPod. It doesn't have coverflow..but really, who ever selects their songs from coverflow? Tilt doesn't have Safari, but Opera Mini 4 Beta is quite good, closest thing to Safari I've found.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Everything about the tilt is ugly. The screen shots look like the palm centro and the buttons/camera stick out. Plus the thing is almost twice as thick as the iPhone. I'm sure it is much better for businesss applications, but i don't really want my office life following me around.
Some people want a pretty phone, others want functional. To each their own.

I personally think the Tilt is a sharp, slick phone, it's not near as bulky as it looks, fits in my pocket fine. The 3.0 mp camera/VIDEO camera which the iPhone lacks is great. GPS is awesome. I no longer have to do without MMS/Copy&Paste/A2DP stereo bluetooth/exchange capability.

I am by no means bashing the iPhone. It is definitely a trend setter and raised the bar momentarily. I will probably keep mine because there are some things about it that I don't want to give up. But in a short time, there have been a few phones released that have surpassed it-the Tilt being one of them.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Ya my iPhone sim is in my tilt right now. I will sell my iPhone if somebody wants it but im not trying real hard to sell it. The tilt trumps the iPhone in every way . yes its thicker but it has much more stuff inside it than the iPhone. I use the GPS all the time. As a pilot I installed an aviation GPS system to use when im flying. i use telenav in the car. and windows live search mobile is awesome , if i want to find a mexican resturant where ever im at i just speak into the phone and it finds it for me, then gives me turn by turn directions from it. cut and paste, mms, 3.0mp camera with video. the phone is just all function its awesome. not to mention 3G. and the best of all blackberry push email . yes the tilt uses blackbery connect so i can have 10 push email accounts on it. the UI on the iPhone is still better but as far as a phone/pda the tilt is amazing.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
hmm.
i was looking at this the other day with a co-worker of mine and i was pretty impressed.

i used to be a big fan of the 8125 but i still like the iPhone over the series, but that's for a few reasons:
1. i do not own a businesss or ever have to do businesss on the go
---since i don't need office funtionality, i don't mine choosing looks over "books"

2. i just paid a buttload of money for the iPhone, so i'm going to go ahead and see what Apple has in store for it.

3. Apple has never let me down in the past(i didn't update so hah :D)

4. i still have the option of getting the Tilt but it would be pretty expensive since i just renewed my account with AT&T, making an upgrade impossible.

5. i have a feeling that the Tilt will break with easy. i think it moves way too much and eventually the slider will get weak or the "tilt" will break off. i've seen my friends 8125 after like a yr and a 1/2 and it's messed up, and he babies the thing.

there are more reasons but i figure people have already stopped readong by now :)

i wouldn't mind having one, but i'm definitely not switching altogether.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
hmm.
i was looking at this the other day with a co-worker of mine and i was pretty impressed.

i used to be a big fan of the 8125 but i still like the iPhone over the series, but that's for a few reasons:
---since i don't need office funtionality, i don't mine choosing looks over "books"

2. i just paid a buttload of money for the iPhone, so i'm going to go ahead and see what Apple has in store for it.

4. i still have the option of getting the Tilt but it would be pretty expensive since i just renewed my account with AT&T, making an upgrade impossible.

5. i have a feeling that the Tilt will break with easy. i think it moves way too much and eventually the slider will get weak or the "tilt" will break off. i've seen my friends 8125 after like a yr and a 1/2 and it's messed up, and he babies the thing.

there are more reasons but i figure people have already stopped readong by now :)

actually the Tilt seems to be very well built. I didn't really buy it for the office functionality. I've always thought office on a phone was kinda gimmicky although it's good to have if you ever need it. But you can do some serious playing on this phone. You are only limited by the apps that are available and there are tons of them. I'm gonna stop for fear of sounding like a HTC/AT&T salesman. I definitely don't wanna sway anyone away from the iPhone completely as I still am clinging to hope that Apple will allow us to get more use from our iPhones, but in the meantime I'm having an affair with the Tilt. If Apple unlocks MMS, implements A2DP and offers some decent 3rd party apps I can always sell the Tilt and recoup some of my money.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
actually the Tilt seems to be very well built. I didn't really buy it for the office functionality. I've always thought office on a phone was kinda gimmicky although it's good to have if you ever need it. But you can do some serious playing on this phone. You are only limited by the apps that are available and there are tons of them. I'm gonna stop for fear of sounding like a HTC/AT&T salesman. I definitely don't wanna sway anyone away from the iPhone completely as I still am clinging to hope that Apple will allow us to get more use from our iPhones, but in the meantime I'm having an affair with the Tilt. If Apple unlocks MMS, implements A2DP and offers some decent 3rd party apps I can always sell the Tilt and recoup some of my money.
well you know, you're the one who has it, not me XD
and they probably did make it better than its predecessors but i just want to know how long it would last.

hopefully Apple will see the sales of the Tilt and steal some of its functionality :)

cudo

Sep 27, 2007
hi, i bought the iPhone while still having my mda vario II and i need to say iPhone is nice looking device but the spec and functionality sucks. so after using it awhile as my ipod i bought mda vario III aka tilt and now they are both on ebay up for sale: vario II and iPhone :)

tilt rulez !

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
hmm.

I have this same feeling, although built a little better than the 8525, it still has too many mechanical moving pieces for my taste, no Thanks.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
All in all I hope the tilt does very well and outsells the current iPhone, that just means Apple will have to step it up!

GO KAISER! TILT! WHATEVERTHINGY!

;)