iPhone photo sync weirdness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

simes6600

Dec 15, 2007
U.K.
Using an unlocked 1.1.1. iPhone with iTunes 7.5, accessing a photo folder called "pictures" (with 230 images) on an external USB drive (FAT32), on Vista. Inside the picture folder there is another folder called "wallpaper" with 10 images.

when i sync, i end up with multiple folders, my pictures folder is there in my iPhones photo albums with all 230 pics, but a secondary folder called "photo library" is also there, with duplicates of all 230 pics.

i deleted all the pics using iTunes, leaving just the camera roll folder, but when i re-sync with just the pictures folder, the duplicates appear again with a new photo library folder.

i just want one folder with the 230 images. any ideas?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Using an unlocked 1.1.1. iPhone with iTunes 7.5, accessing a photo folder called "pictures" (with 230 images) on an external USB drive (FAT32), on Vista. Inside the picture folder there is another folder called "wallpaper" with 10 images.

when i sync, i end up with multiple folders, my pictures folder is there in my iPhones photo albums with all 230 pics, but a secondary folder called "photo library" is also there, with duplicates of all 230 pics.

i deleted all the pics using iTunes, leaving just the camera roll folder, but when i re-sync with just the pictures folder, the duplicates appear again with a new photo library folder.

i just want one folder with the 230 images. any ideas?
Okay, this one was a little confusing at first, but I think I've figured out where you're getting confused. Basically, you only have the 2 folders youv'e synced on your iPhone and thats it.

The Photo Library views all the photos in your Photo Album without regard to the folders they reside in. Therefore if you have 5 Photos in Folder 1, and a Folder inside of that which also contains 5 photos, you're going to see 10 photos when you view the Library.