iPhone Photos look blurry.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I was looking through my photo library today and noticed that my pictures look blurry. But when I was reviewing them yesterday, they were crisp.

Anybody else notice this?
I have installed iFlickr and the pictures I take do go into my library. I also was in the process of downloading the newest update on my computer yesterday...but after realizing all my mods were gonna disappear I quickly unplugged it. But the software wasn't being downloaded to the iPhone.

So that's my lil story.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It is a very basic 2.0 MP camera with no stabilization. While I may raise you know what about other things about the iPhone. The camera is about as good as you are going to get on a smart..strike that... entertainment phone at this price point.

Try holding the phone at the top and bottom when you take photos to keep it still and hit the button with your other thumb.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
It is a very basic 2.0 MP camera with no stabilization. While I may raise you know what about other things about the iPhone. The camera is about as good as you are going to get on a smart..strike that... entertainment phone at this price point.

Try holding the phone at the top and bottom when you take photos to keep it still and hit the button with your other thumb.
but didn't she say that she had already taken pictures that were "crisp" and then they turned "blurry"?

maybe i'm reading this wrong, i'm REALLY exhausted . .

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I know that it's a 2.0 megapixel camera, but I said that the pictures were clear the day before. And now they are blurry.

I just can't figure out what would make all the pictures on my iPhone library blurry.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Or more likely, if is the lens, it could just be a smudge/dirt.

--
Mike
A scratched lense / smudges / dirt, makes no sense for pictures already taken. Remember VP said they are already in library and were viewable just fine, now those same pictures are not.

You didn't do the update, but Did you drop your iPhone?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
A scratched lense / smudges / dirt, makes no sense for pictures already taken. Remember VP said they are already in library and were viewable just fine, now those same pictures are not.

You didn't do the update, but Did you drop your iPhone?
What, you think she jumbled up the pixels, lol. Seriously, there isn't much a drop could do that would only affect images in the camera roll.

I doubt the pics actually changed, if they are blurry now they were likely blurry before, it just wasn't noticed. And the fact that they are blurry could indeed mean something is on the lens. Happened to me and I didn't realize it at first. After cleaning the lens the pics improved noticeably.

--
Mike

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
What, you think she jumbled up the pixels, lol. Seriously, there isn't much a drop could do that would only affect images in the camera roll.

I doubt the pics actually changed, if they are blurry now they were likely blurry before, it just wasn't noticed. And the fact that they are blurry could indeed mean something is on the lens. Happened to me and I didn't realize it at first. After cleaning the lens the pics improved noticeably.

--
Mike
Jumbled the pixels? Thats a thought. :p Seriously though, wouldn't she have noticed that they were blurry the 1st time they were looked at. On one of my Treos, the pictures looked like crap while looking at them on the phone, but were actually incredible on my desktop.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the lens only be an issue if we were talking about TAKING a picture? How does the lens affect pictures AFTER they have been taken? They arent being looked at through the lens when going through ones library?!? :confused:

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm baaaaaack!

Ok, the pictures are clear again.
i didn't drop the phone or install the evil update...lol

This is what happened.
i took a few pics using iflickr and they were saved in the iPhone library. When i went to view them(the pics taken in iflickr) i was able to view one, but the other one would come up black.... BUT when i was in the screen that allows you to see the thumbnails of the pics would show it to be visible.

That was when i noticed the blurry pics. I decided to leave it alone and hope that it would correct over time.

Nope!

So i tried to take a picture with the regular iPhone camera and the shutter would close, but freeze! I started getting pissed because i use the camera ALOT!

I had to go to the home screen 3 times and decided i must have f'ed up the iPhone somehow.

A lightbulb went off and i deleted the 2 iflickr pictures that were in my library and restarted the phone and Voila!

Thats my little story!

Aug 31, 2010
Jumbled the pixels? Thats a thought. :p Seriously though, wouldn't she have noticed that they were blurry the 1st time they were looked at. On one of my Treos, the pictures looked like crap while looking at them on the phone, but were actually incredible on my desktop.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the lens only be an issue if we were talking about TAKING a picture? How does the lens affect pictures AFTER they have been taken? They arent being looked at through the lens when going through ones library?!? :confused:
This is a REAL problem. I have pictures that are at full resolution on my 1080p TV background that look great, and they HAVE looked great on my iPhone but are compressed more than a thumbnail now. It's on a LOT of pictures. To be clear, this is a GOOD picture now BLURRY. I'm at 6.9 GB available so it's not empty but it's not full... it seems compressed like a thumbnail.