iPhone plan question

sjmejia408

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I was wondering, if I removed my data plan + unlimited text which is 40 a month would I still be able to use wifi on my iPhone ? Thx

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Yes.

But I don't think AT&T will let you have an iPhone with out a data plan. They would have no way to provision it as all the iPhone plans contain unlimited data.

sjmejia408

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Yes.

But I don't think AT&T will let you have an iPhone with out a data plan. They would have no way to provision it as all the iPhone plans contain unlimited data.
wat if I tell them I no longer have an iPhone? I only want to pay for minutes

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
they may charge a fee, considering that you are supposed to keep the plan for a contracted amount of time...

of course, you could say it broke and that you're using your gsm nokia that you had laying around (fib)
and that it's useless for you to have the plan...

sjmejia408

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
i want to get rid of the 40$ unlimited data plan.. i only want to use the iPhone for the minutes... i was wondering if i do that could i still use the wifi? or is att going to charge me for doing so... any feedback would b appreciated. thx

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You have to keep the data plan unless you unlock your iPhone and go elsewhere for service. You can use all the wifi you want but you really don't have much of a choice as far as EDGE is concerned.

sjmejia408

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
so if i tell them i broke my iPhone n no longer need the data plan, and keep my minutes.. i can use the wifi with no extra cost?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Broke your phone? As in, now the EDGE isn't working? I doubt that will work but I actually haven't really heard of anyone trying. They can't really charge you for wifi because they have no control where you use it at. But they might deactivate your phone, but I'm really not sure how it would work.