iPhone plays my songs always in shuffle mode?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 10, 2007
Can anyone please tell me if the iPhone is always suppossed to play songs in the shuffle mode because I click the first song to play and instead of going to the second after its done it jumps to a random one, can this be corrected?

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
surferdude4055 said:
Can anyone please tell me if the iPhone is always suppossed to play songs in the shuffle mode because I click the first song to play and instead of going to the second after its done it jumps to a random one, can this be corrected?
Hey buddy, you need to go to the now playing screen where it shows the album artwork, play/pause, ect. Tap the screen once, then a little border on the top will appear consisting of the scrubber, the repeat button, and the shuffle button. So, to answer the question to your problem, if the shuffle icon (far right icon) is highlighted blue, tap it once, and ten it shouldn't be filled in with any color. And then there is no more shuffle!

Zman-iphone

Last edited by a moderator:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Hey buddy, you need to go to the now playing screen where it shows the album artwork, play/pause, ect. Tap the screen once, then a little border on the top will appear consisting of the scrubber, the repeat button, and the shuffle button. So, to answer the question to your problem, if the shuffle icon (far right icon) is highlighted blue, tap it once, and ten it shouldn't be filled in with any color. And then there is no more shuffle!

Zman-iphone
Yep. This was hard for me to find at first too.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
it is most likely on shuffle mode.
select the ipod button, select whatever song you want to hear first.
get to the screen that shows just the album cover of the song you are listening to. touching the album cover either brings or takes away the slider bar that you can use to skip the song forward. to the left of that bar is repeat. white=repeat off.......blue = repeat album or playlist.........blue with the 1 on top of it is repeat song you are currently listening to. to the right of that bar is the shuffle mode. white=off.....blue = on. so touch the button and turn it white to turn off shuffle. hope this helped you out.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If you do not have the ipod set to shuffle and it is doing it anyway it could be the ID3 info for the track.

If you are listening to an album and the songs are not playing in order the songs are probably missing the track number. In iTunes right click on the song and shoose get info and make sure they all have track numbers.

Without them the ipod does not know what order to play them.