iPhone Plus too big, I already miss my 5s

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
For so long I've been waiting for the bigger screen because my eyes get strained from small screen. I finally got the 6+ yesterday and got the Otter Commuter case until I can find (researching on Internet) a case that's protective and sleeker. I want a rubbery grip and it's not easy to find. I'm missing being able to use with one hand. I don't carry a purse, and as a dog walker either keep phone in pants/jacket pocket, but 6+ is so heavy.
Has anyone else returned the 6+ for 6, and if so are you happier with it ? Can u use 6 with one hand ?

Jin

Bronze
Oct 2, 2012
Didn't own a 6 plus. I used to own a IPhone 5 but turn in to Samsung note 3. Had a same though when using the note 3, big screen are nice but not easy to carry around. Especially after put in with case. So I end up went back to IP6. Love the size and bigger size screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

Jin

Bronze
Oct 2, 2012
Yes I can use iphone 6 with one hand no problem. 5.6" 145.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks Jin ! What you said is what I need to hear, however, I'm starting to like it...I'm gonna wait a couple of days and see how I like it then. I don't know how I ended up posting this under accessories .

Jin

Bronze
Oct 2, 2012
Thanks that just how I felt and couldn't over come the weight and size of Note 3.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I tried the 6+ and 6 out at the AT&T store. The 6+ is way too big for me, even with my big hands. I'm very happy with the 6. I had a 5 before and looking at my wife's 5, it is really too small.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
@ Missygal & MoneyMaker: since 6 came out I've been reading here on the forum ppls experience to get an idea of what to expect, and what Size I may get. I got the 6+ for size + I notice MORE ppl going from 6 to 6+ on the forum here.
When I've held my friends 6+ I fell in love, but now that I have it, it's just so huge, and worse, it's really heavy !!
I'm so confused.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
@ everythingapple: YES !! When I look at the 5 now it just seems so small ! I'm gonna look at the 6 and hold it, and see how it feels.
I would like the 6+ if it wasn't so heavy !!! If I could find a protective case that is lightweight then I would consider keeping this phone !!

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
@ Missygal & MoneyMaker: since 6 came out I've been reading here on the forum ppls experience to get an idea of what to expect, and what Size I may get. I got the 6+ for size + I notice MORE ppl going from 6 to 6+ on the forum here.
When I've held my friends 6+ I fell in love, but now that I have it, it's just so huge, and worse, it's really heavy !!
I'm so confused.
I have a couple cases for my Plus and the Speck Candyshell Grip, in my opinion, doesn't make the phone feel heavier. I'm really glad i traded!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using iCafe Forums

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I love my iPhone 6 Plus. I don't know how I survived for so long with such a small screen. It took me until the final hour before the store opened on launch day to decide on the 6 Plus over the 6. I'm glad I chose the 6 Plus. The GOLDEN 6 Plus. Anything else would have been a huge mistake.

Jin

Bronze
Oct 2, 2012
I would get the 6 plus instead if I'm living in city like NYC or Chicago that most ppl ride in public transportation. Sure that be something I look at. Just how much time spend on the ride from point A to B, watch movie, books, articles will be nice with that big screen. Also most ppl living big city have a message bag or some sort to carry their belonging. That solve the problem to carry around such big device there. Just IMO to share.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I love my iPhone 6 Plus. I don't know how I survived for so long with such a small screen. It took me until the final hour before the store opened on launch day to decide on the 6 Plus over the 6. I'm glad I chose the 6 Plus. The GOLDEN 6 Plus. Anything else would have been a huge mistake.
I know how you feel. I was sitting there on preorder night thinking, "Well, I only really use about 25-30GB of data on my iPhones," so of course i selected the 128GB Plus. :D

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Now that I have been using my 6 for a few months I can easily see myself moving to a 6 Plus on my next upgrade. I was skeptical at first, but the thought of the 6 Plus is starting to grow on me.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
And Alex, once you use that size, it is hard to go back. I've had my Plus for 6 weeks now and tried a smaller device a few days ago. I simply couldn't do it...

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I must confess that I'm starting to get envious of the people that have a 6+ as my initial thought on launch day was that the phone was just too big. Now that I see people with a 6+, it is actually not that bad. I'm thinking when the 7 comes out and it is available in a plus size and regular size, that I will be opting for the plus this time.