iPhone POPs all my Gmail

jasonj75

Jul 3, 2007
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong....

I have gmail set to only pop mail that arrives from now on, yet when I add my gmail account to the iPhone it pulls in ALL my emails.

I even made sure to mark all mail as read but no change.

osiris24x

Jul 4, 2007
Portland, Oregon

I have gmail set to only pop mail that arrives from now on, yet when I add my gmail account to the iPhone it pulls in ALL my emails.

I have the same problem, five million unread emails because it grabs everything. It also grabs my "sent" messages and dumps them into my inbox, cluttering everything up. Arg!

jasonj75

Jul 3, 2007
I have the same problem, five million unread emails because it grabs everything. It also grabs my "sent" messages and dumps them into my inbox, cluttering everything up. Arg!
The Sent Items problem is a known issue that everyone else (including AT&T) uses filters to get around. Why Apple didn't bother is beyond me, but that's par for the course for a lot of things Apple has done with the iPhone.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
gmail

i got around that... i had 500 emais that got sent to be my iPhone the first day that i set it up.. i went into preferences and changed it so that i only get 25 emails at a time, then all i had to delete was 25 emails... still sucks that there is not a delete all feature.. but better 25 emails then 500

hope that this helps...

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
i got around that... i had 500 emais that got sent to be my iPhone the first day that i set it up.. i went into preferences and changed it so that i only get 25 emails at a time, then all i had to delete was 25 emails... still sucks that there is not a delete all feature.. but better 25 emails then 500

hope that this helps...

I don't have my iPhone yet but can you use the mail application in Apple to sync with iPhone. I have this app. to pull my Gmail information and it only pulls what I tell it to. When you changed it to 25 mails, was that in iPhone pref. or Gmail pref.

cman6453

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007

Interesting. I made that change and my mail finally stopped flowing in. Try deleting and re-adding your Gmail account on the phone.

jasonj75

Jul 3, 2007
I've removed and added a dozen times (ok maybe not quite that many) and no change.

jacjac - Its an iPhone setting and the only change for me is that it now refills to 25 emails instead of the default 50.