iPhone possibly getting handwriting recognition?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I dunno...I had this on my Palm T|X and it was a pain in the rectum.
I share your enthusiasm honda, who cares...

You never know though, Apples not gonna put utter crap into the phone so it would be somewhat interesting to see what they would do with it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I share your enthusiasm honda, who cares...

You never know though, Apples not gonna put utter crap into the phone so it would be somewhat interesting to see what they would do with it.
You're right, Apple will probably have a new, innovative way to use this, but ya never know.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Next they'll be offering an iStylus. :D
Ya know, seriously though, I was thinking they might have to have some sort of stylus for this if it goes through later on down the line. Who's gonna be able to effectively scribble whole words with their fingers? I have fat fingers, now someone with skinnier fingers may be able to pull it off, anyways....not interested here.:cool:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ya know, seriously though, I was thinking they might have to have some sort of stylus for this if it goes through later on down the line. Who's gonna be able to effectively scribble whole words with their fingers? I have fat fingers, now someone with skinnier fingers may be able to pull it off, anyways....not interested here.:cool:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ew to the stylus thought. I hate the things. I misplace them and never find them, drop them, and find them hard to hold. Besides, could you use Drummer, Guitarist, or Pianist with a stylus? I think not.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ew to the stylus thought. I hate the things. I misplace them and never find them, drop them, and find them hard to hold. Besides, could you use Drummer, Guitarist, or Pianist with a stylus? I think not.

- John
We're not talking about a stylus for everything; just a stylus for the handwriting recognition app.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I would like to see a stylus and handwriting recognition, but would *only* want to use the stylus for one purpose - very quick note-taking.

I have always found I'm super quick with a stylus and letter recognizer sort of software - much faster than I've ever managed with the iPhone's keyboard, or the Treo's, or a slide-out QWERTY like on various HTC devices.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Besides, could you use Drummer, Guitarist, or Pianist with a stylus? I think not.

- John
True, true...I use a stylus everyday at work on a touchscreen computer and hate the things myself.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'd much prefer voice dictation.... technology that's been around and pretty accurate for over a decade now

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'd much prefer voice dictation.... technology that's been around and pretty accurate for over a decade now
I just wonder whether that's ever going to be helpful in a situation like taking notes in a meeting, or a classroom or at an event with a lot of noise around you ...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah start small with voice dialing, but voice commands would be equally easy to do. And while it wouldn't be for every situation, full voice dictation should theoretically be possible.

Hey, if Microsoft can get it right (Voice Command on WM) then Apple certainly could as well.