iPhone prepaid still available?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xply

Oct 15, 2007
Hi. I just bought an iPhone today and tried the 999 social security number method in iPhone. The thing is it brought me to the confirmation page where I was allowed to submit my order. Wouldn't it have either given me the option of choosing prepaid or deny my order? Anyone else experience this? I'm really hoping that the pay as you go option is still available.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hi. I just bought an iPhone today and tried the 999 social security number method in iPhone. The thing is it brought me to the confirmation page where I was allowed to submit my order. Wouldn't it have either given me the option of choosing prepaid or deny my order? Anyone else experience this? I'm really hoping that the pay as you go option is still available.
Thats what its supposed to do. Once you submit your order, you should receive a message that more processing time, or something to that affect is needed. You will sit there looking at iTunes waiting for something miraculous to happen. It aint.

You will get an email from ATT. The email will contain a customer ID number and a phone number for you to call. Call the number. Give them the customer ID # provided in the email.

You will get an ATT CSR on the phone who will kindly explain to you that the holdup on your account came from you entering 999-99-9999 as you did. The CSR will need to cancel the account you were trying to setup. Once it has been canceled (takes a few minutes...)

You will get another email- this is to confirm that the account has been canceled.

NOTE- If you attempt to try to activate BEFORE this email arrives, you will only be greeted with the same screen (in iTunes) "your account requires further processing time."

Ok, so now you have the cancellation email.... go back into iTunes. Yes, you have to start the process over......... with the correct SS#. When you get to the end, thats where the option to pick you plan / or pay as you go is.

Hope that helps you out.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Thats what its supposed to do. Once you submit your order, you should receive a message that more processing time, or something to that affect is needed. You will sit there looking at iTunes waiting for something miraculous to happen. It aint.

You will get an email from ATT. The email will contain a customer ID number and a phone number for you to call. Call the number. Give them the customer ID # provided in the email.

You will get an ATT CSR on the phone who will kindly explain to you that the holdup on your account came from you entering 999-99-9999 as you did. The CSR will need to cancel the account you were trying to setup. Once it has been canceled (takes a few minutes...)

You will get another email- this is to confirm that the account has been canceled.

NOTE- If you attempt to try to activate BEFORE this email arrives, you will only be greeted with the same screen (in iTunes) "your account requires further processing time."

Ok, so now you have the cancellation email.... go back into iTunes. Yes, you have to start the process over......... with the correct SS#. When you get to the end, thats where the option to pick you plan / or pay as you go is.

Hope that helps you out.

emerson

Nov 1, 2007
sym free software on a pre-paid account with AT&T

Hi,
I followed the instructions on for the unlock 1.7 version directly on the phone but after dowloading the symfree running it. I get a message: New sim found please connect to iTunes and it does not work. It says that your account cannot be used with this phone. My pre-paid sim card does not work in it, have not tried T-mobile because I do not have the service. Please help!