iPhone Pricing Plan Discussion

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
That's AWESOME! I never thought they would be activating through iTunes, but they certainly are.
i assumed, since the "tips" said you need an iTunes account. Apple loves to tell you everything and nothing at the same time. so later, when you are questioning everything and they make an announcement...you knew all along. :laugh2:

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Sorry, I forgot the OP was to the Yahoo site

Here is the link on Apple from digg.com

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

You can then see the different plans.
Thanks man! This is so much better than I or anyone else had expected! This is a kick ass data plan to go along with a kick ass phone!

And I am relieved to FINALLY see concrete info on current AT&T customers! Looks like I can just buy my iPhone from the Apple store on Friday, take it home, activate it to replace my Treo 750 and done! How simple can it be!

Steve Jobs for President! :p

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks man! This is so much better than I or anyone else had expected! This is a kick ass data plan to go along with a kick ass phone!

And I am relieved to FINALLY see concrete info on current AT&T customers! Looks like I can just buy my iPhone from the Apple store on Friday, take it home, activate it to replace my Treo 750 and done! How simple can it be!

Steve Jobs for President! :p
No kidding! This is definitely the best news so far. I already have the $20 MediaNet plan so it's not change for me. I had a hunch the activation would be through iTunes.

But most importantly, ANYONE will be able to upgrade to the iPhone whether you are within your "upgrade" period or not! Man I am excited! :p

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
how do I love thee? Let me count thy ways :) Im paying 10 a month for 400 texts so I will take a cut BUT gaine unlimited data for 10 more :)

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
for family plan, how much for each additional NON-iphone line?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
For existing customers you just choose one of the following plans to go with your current voice plan.

Unlimited Data and 200 SMS - $20
Unlimited Data and 1500 SMS - $30
Unlimited Data and Unlimited SMS - $40

I think that's about all we could expect.:)

iPhone Data Plans

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
for family plan, how much for each additional NON-iphone line?
Well the plans include two lines already (one iPHone and one not). any additional non-iphone line will be $9.95. Any additional iPhone line will be $29.99. They're going to charge an extra $20 on top of the voice plan for any iPhone.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
These plans seem very reasonable. Basically, I'm only going to be paying $15 more a month for the service for this phone. I already have the message starter package for $5 a month which gives me 200 text messages. So I'm goign to take that off and just add the $20 iPhone package that gives me the 200 texts in that. This is very reasonable for this kind of functionality.

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
lets see if i have this right

so the 450 minute plan is 59.99 (I don't talk much, just play) and for 10.00 more I can add 1500 text messages, right? :confused:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
These plans seem very reasonable. Basically, I'm only going to be paying $15 more a month for the service for this phone. I already have the message starter package for $5 a month which gives me 200 text messages. So I'm goign to take that off and just add the $20 iPhone package that gives me the 200 texts in that. This is very reasonable for this kind of functionality.
Good point. I'll drop my old $2.99/month for 100 SMS plan and replace it with the unlimited data + 200 SMS for $20. That means about a $17 increase on my monthly bill.

I just can't find anything to argue about that.:laugh2:

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
wow. when i first read the story on Appleinsider I thought that the 59.99 was just the data plan. I was devistated. I had to read through it 3 times before I figured out that 59.99 was for voice and data! now i am ecstatic!

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
That was the best information possible and the activation video literally made me drool. Why does Apple always make everything so simple? That is why the don't fail. Simplicity at its best. I can't wait!

rollerbones

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Ohio
Geeee, activate with iTunes...I said that like 2-3 weeks ago and everyone told me that would never happen... :laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Geeee, activate with iTunes...I said that like 2-3 weeks ago and everyone told me that would never happen... :laugh2:
I didn't think it would happen, but I also didn't think it would go on sale on Friday night at 6 PM either.

I hope I'm not as wrong about the iPhone.:eek:

This thread should be a sticky. This was the first thread with the new plans and also the first thread with the activation video link to Apple.com.

Come on Chris! This is the one we've been waiting on since January.:laugh2:

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
finally we don't have to guess what everything is going to be.. this makes my day...