iPhone Pro

The Lodge

Jul 2, 2007
There seem to be some things that are rather lightweight about iPhone, and stop it from being a true digital swiss army knife for heavy use in the digital media battlefield.

What if Apple released true handheld tablet computers for the Pro market. I need to open PDF's on the road, watch h264 streamed from my own server etc. Let me worry about the wireless, I'll use wifi bluetooth, usb, whatever, and pay a premium for all that ultra unlocked functionality.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
i don't get it, what point are you trying to make?

The Lodge

Jul 2, 2007
The point is that iPhone is the first ever truly intuative and well designed PDA, so get on with making it work for professionals.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
There seem to be some things that are rather lightweight about iPhone, and stop it from being a true digital swiss army knife for heavy use in the digital media battlefield.

What if Apple released true handheld tablet computers for the Pro market. I need to open PDF's on the road, watch h264 streamed from my own server etc. Let me worry about the wireless, I'll use wifi bluetooth, usb, whatever, and pay a premium for all that ultra unlocked functionality.
Thx, appreciate it.

Another pointless thread wasting valuable seconds of my life. lol

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Thx, appreciate it.

Another pointless thread wasting valuable seconds of my life. lol
I disagree. Why are people on this site so afraid to admit that the iPhone is less than perfect. I have moved from a Treo to the iPhone and will stay with the iPhone, but let's not pretend it's missing some vital features.

In fact, let's not pretend it's missing some features that should be expected in all but the most rudimentary handheld devices.

I love the iPhone, but am keeping it only on the expectation that Apple will supplement it with what we should all expect- from streaming audio/video to flash to a more robust calendar to true IM'ing.

To pass off this thread as silly is to reveal one's inability to admit the truth about this device. Where its shines, it is light years ahead. Where it lacks, it is truly behind the times.

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I disagree. Why are people on this site so afraid to admit that the iPhone is less than perfect. I have moved from a Treo to the iPhone and will stay with the iPhone, but let's not pretend it's missing some vital features.

In fact, let's not pretend it's missing some features that should be expected in all but the most rudimentary handheld devices.

I love the iPhone, but am keeping it only on the expectation that Apple will supplement it with what we should all expect- from streaming audio/video to flash to a more robust calendar to true IM'ing.

To pass off this thread as silly is to reveal one's inability to admit the truth about this device. Where its shines, it is light years ahead. Where it lacks, it is truly behind the times.
I agree with what the above posts says. I feel as if the iPhone lacks some very important features that it should have had at launch. I want Flash on my iPhone (I'm sure this will be implemented later along), as well as any form of IM.

I love my phone as well, but I feel like it is one of the best phones out today. It's much better than my sidekick in so many places. The true web browsing, the built-in iPod, and the video support make it an instant winner. However, it needs more features to become the best thing ever made in the history of mankind.

Austin

Jul 2, 2007
zeluiz22 - I've not been without my Palm for the last 10 or 15 years... couldn't survive without my palm's calendar. What will I find lacking about the iPhone's calendar?

I'd love to switch from phone + palm to just the iPhone, but I don't want to end up needing iPhone + palm...

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
One of the big reasons I got the phone now is that I feel (hope) that the software can be updated. That was a big point Steve Jobs made in the keynote so if he is right, then updates are not only possible but likely. There is the potential for a long list of things that can be updated from what I read so I hope they start rolling them out soon and keep improving the phone each month.

I also think the phone as is is a great starting point and enjoy what it can do now so it can only get better with age as they say.