iPhone problem with temperature

gustavius

Jun 7, 2008
Hi
I have an iPhone jailbreaked and unlocked with 2 months of use, but some day the wifi refuses to connect, next the iPhone beguns to restart itself, i power off the unit put into a plastic ziploc on the frezeer about 15 minutes, next I power on and the wifi works like a charm until the unit going hot again, I have another iPhone without any problem and both going to the same temperature so the temperature is normal

any other user has the same problem like me?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Restore it and return it to Apple while it is still under warranty. It shouldn't be getting that hot.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would do as Cols suggested. There is no reason that the iPhone should get so hot that you have to put it in the freezer. Restore as a NEW iPhone and then take it in to Apple and explain the problem. They should swap it out for you with no problems.

gustavius

Jun 7, 2008
I would do as Cols suggested. There is no reason that the iPhone should get so hot that you have to put it in the freezer. Restore as a NEW iPhone and then take it in to Apple and explain the problem. They should swap it out for you with no problems.
nop is not hot to harm your hand only goes warmer like other iPhones, I put in the freezer to cold it 15 minutes to verificate that is a hardware problem, cold makes things goes strecher and if is a damage on any chip will be works fine until goes warmer, so in fact there is a damage on the wifi subsystem a hardware failure, also give me the time to restore it as brand new iPhone, the iPhone is from a friend of mine I don't know if he has warranty or not, he is so sad and he has that the problem was software related but it's not

well if any one has a iPhone that restarts itself maybe is the same proble, also if i put the wifi off, the restarts end

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Take it back to Apple or move to Antarctica.