iPhone Problem

Suf

Jul 17, 2008
I Purchased an iPhone today and is unlocked to any network. . It worked fine when i put in my sim but then i connected it to iTunes and it asked if i wanted to update the software. I opted for yes and once it finished, i tried outting my sim in again and it said please insert a unlocked sim. So im thinking that the phone has locked it self and restored back to its original settings. Any solutions?

Thank you

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Use ZiPhone to unlock it again. When you have an unlocked or jailbroken iPhone, you should avoid firmware updates. You can get plenty of information on ziPhone on the iPhone modifications forum. You'll probably also have to downgrade back to 1.1.4 before you can unlock it again.

Good luck.

Suf

Jul 17, 2008
Thanks for that guys! Appreciated very much indeed. Can i ask whats ziPhone and wher can i get it from?

Nov 19, 2009
Ok this is 3rd iPhone and this one is has a new problem. My WiFi will not work! I have it set up correctly and my other iPhones connected great with my home network but this one will not. My biggest issue isn't so much the phone as it is with AT&T the service is a joke! I have no service many times in my house so phone calls are out of the question most of the time. I would like to at least be able to use the Internet on the phone while at home. My friends with Verizon has full service in my house. The new Droid just came out for Verizon and I hate to give up my iPhone, but the service is just killing me. Is there anything I'm missing with the WiFi? Any tricks to getting better service? There is no excuse for this I'm paying well over $100 a month for no service many times, plus dropped calls. Please help I don't want to have to jump to the Droid but I may have to.:mad:

Izzyiz426

Jun 9, 2010
I have an iPhone 3gs with all my data on the phone.I plan on purching the iPhone4 but I have a major problem my computer crashed and when I turn it on it turns right back off.. I plan on buying a MacBook pro very soon for school I would like to know if any one can help me on what i should do.. Should I buy a third party program which transfers or any good ideas would help thanks

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Best thing is to fix your computer or get a replacement. But if you can't...How about a trial MobileMe account? That will sync your calendar and contacts. Or google sync? Also if you write down all your apps, you can download them again later at no charge. Or do you have a trusty friend? Sync your iPhone to their pc/mac. You may need to authorize their computer (not sure) and then after syncing eventually with your new iPhone 4 de-authorize them.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
you will need a 3rd party program to get your music, text messages, movies off the phone to the pc. you will not be able to resync that type of media. Tansee has some programs that will allow you to transfer from phone to computer. I would do this before any type of iTunes syncing to new machine. You can authorize you new machine....select transfer purchases to move your apps to new iTunes. Contacts can be synced. I would disable automatic syncing so you can set up the sync sections before the first sync.