iPhone problems wow Apple is the best

Jacksworld

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
I sent my iPhone 4 back since my home button stopped working. Two days later I receive the same phone back with a working home button but a hour into celebrating the button again stopped. Ok I call they send me a phone first nice right? I receive the replacement I go ahead and send out my bad iPhone. I look and the replacement won't turn on wow I'm hating Apple. They decide to send me a new iPhone not refurb with a new warranty since my luck isn't on my side. I said as a joke "say it would be so cool if you guys send me a white iPhone .. Guess what? I got a white one instead of the black :) now how can I complain and people are all Android this Android that it took google forever to replace my gf's nexus one

Aug 1, 2007
Apple are very good with customer service :) good luck with your new iPhone 4 White :D
Brother walked in about 3 days ago trying to replace his iPhone with a cracked screen. Note: It was out of warranty by a couple weeks, and it had a cracked screen. They replaced it for him for FREE! He walked out a very happy man.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I once got crack on my screen and they told me to take a hike.
It wasn't an iPhone 4, though, right? Apple seems to have changed their (unwritten) policy since the iPhone 4 was released. I've only heard of one person here that actually had to pay to have the iPhone 4 screen replaced. I've seen countless threads where they were replaced for free.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Omg I'm sorry Europa, that was me being stupid as always, if you read it again you see I was only joking, my bad  I never cracked my screen.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Lol. Now I see it! My brain auto-filled in the blank. :D
My bad, I felt ridiculous for taking your time for no reason although you are probably right, they seem to be a lot more willing now with the iPhone4. I know they had great customer service, just never thought this great. I'm about to crack my screen to see if they replace mine :D

twotoad

Feb 23, 2009
I love Apple and my iPhone but my experience was not as great as all of you guys had. I have an iPhone4, for the last two weeks my home button had not been as responsive as it should. Sometimes it would take 3-4 clicks dead center to activate. I called support since the nearest Apple store is a 160 mile round trip for me. They told me it was lucky I called because I had 3 days left in warranty. I sent it in and 5 days later got back my exact phone with a note saying they ran a full diagnostic test on my phone but could not reproduce the problem. Also as a courtesy they would not be charging me for the diagnostics they ran.
I can understand its an intermittent problem but I was rather upset when I put my sim in, started the phone and the problem occurred right away. Makes me wish I had driven the 160 miles to the actual store.

Aug 1, 2007
I love Apple and my iPhone but my experience was not as great as all of you guys had. I have an iPhone4, for the last two weeks my home button had not been as responsive as it should. Sometimes it would take 3-4 clicks dead center to activate. I called support since the nearest Apple store is a 160 mile round trip for me. They told me it was lucky I called because I had 3 days left in warranty. I sent it in and 5 days later got back my exact phone with a note saying they ran a full diagnostic test on my phone but could not reproduce the problem. Also as a courtesy they would not be charging me for the diagnostics they ran.
I can understand its an intermittent problem but I was rather upset when I put my sim in, started the phone and the problem occurred right away. Makes me wish I had driven the 160 miles to the actual store.
Twotoad. they may just do it for you if you tell them your situation and your problem was never fixed. they fixed my brothers cracked screen after he was cleaning it and it cracked *side to side* he did use some pressure. they replaced it on the spot but the lady said "it was a one time thing". try them.

Jacksworld

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
I got my white iPhone now my battery seems to be horrible compared to what I had on my black one. 6hrs no calls no playing music just read a few news articles in CNN app and engadgets app played a few levels of angry birds and I'm at 24% battery life..

Aug 1, 2007
I got my white iPhone now my battery seems to be horrible compared to what I had on my black one. 6hrs no calls no playing music just read a few news articles in CNN app and engadgets app played a few levels of angry birds and I'm at 24% battery life..
Yeah that's really bad.. Take it back to them and tell them what's going on.