iPhone problems?

wineshop

Oct 28, 2007
Just curious if these are common:

1) I keep losing connection (Edge). I'll have full strength, then it'll go to no bars, then no service, then back to full strength (not necessarily in that order). It only does it ever so often, but it's enough to bother me. Especially when the guy beside me has no problems with his $20 phone. And this happens in places I should have great reception, like my office where I've never had a problem with previous phones.

2) My battery will suddenly go dead. Like - from half strength to just dead. Strange.

This is the second iPhone I've had with the same problems. Returned the first one and was given a new one. Now it's doing the same sort of things. I also sent the first one to Apple. They returned it - it did the same thing. That's when I took it back to the ATT store where I was given a new one.

Are these common or am I having bad luck? Can anyone suggest a fix? BTW - it is an OOTB 1.1.2. I've restored - that didn't work, either. And I am on ATT with no hacks (yet).

Thank you!

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I think you should take it in for a replacement because it seems that something is wrong with the phone. Its not uncommon to get the iPhone replaced a bunch of times. I'm on my 3rd iPhone.

wineshop

Oct 28, 2007
Is the guy right next to you with the $20 phone also on AT&T?

Yes, he is also on ATT. And when Apple had my first iPhone I put the SIM in an old Moto L2 that I had. No problems while I was using it, either.

Maybe I just need to contact Apple. But they'll want me to send it in for repairs, and if they can't duplicate the problem in one afternoon they simply return it and tell you they couldn't duplicate it. That's exactly what happened last time. And I've had this iPhone for over 14 days (which is ATT's return deadline). I'm not sure now if they'll simply give me another one.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yes, he is also on ATT. And when Apple had my first iPhone I put the SIM in an old Moto L2 that I had. No problems while I was using it, either.

Maybe I just need to contact Apple. But they'll want me to send it in for repairs, and if they can't duplicate the problem in one afternoon they simply return it and tell you they couldn't duplicate it. That's exactly what happened last time. And I've had this iPhone for over 14 days (which is ATT's return deadline). I'm not sure now if they'll simply give me another one.
Are you dealing with AT&T I would take it in to Apple and dicuss the problem with them, if there is a problem then they can exchange 2 another one.

wineshop

Oct 28, 2007
Are you dealing with AT&T I would take it in to Apple and dicuss the problem with them, if there is a problem then they can exchange 2 another one.

Well - I purchased it at a local ATT store. Will an Apple store still replace it if need be?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Apple is responsible for the warranty on the iPhone. AT&T won't even take it on warranty work.