iPhone Protection without Sacrificing Functionality

Feb 2, 2009
I will be getting the 8G iPhone 3G within the next three days, and I've been researching cases. I was checking out a few Ivyskin cases because they said they would protect the screen without losing button sensitivy, etc. Recently I've come across some reviews that say otherwise, and that they actually have had to press the buttons down quit hard for them to serve their function.

Are there any cases out there that will protect the iPhone from falls and scratches while maintaining a high level of screen protection and functionality? If not, what combination of screen protectors and cases will achieve the same function? I believe this combination of protection and functionality is what we, as iPhone users, ultimately all want.

MR. HATTZ

Jan 31, 2009
BroNX, N.Y.
i will be getting the 8g iPhone 3g within the next three days, and i've been researching cases. I was checking out a few ivyskin cases because they said they would protect the screen without losing button sensitivy, etc. Recently i've come across some reviews that say otherwise, and that they actually have had to press the buttons down quit hard for them to serve their function.

Are there any cases out there that will protect the iPhone from falls and scratches while maintaining a high level of screen protection and functionality? If not, what combination of screen protectors and cases will achieve the same function? I believe this combination of protection and functionality is what we, as iPhone users, ultimately all want.
go to switcheasy.com they got some offical stuff on there and u get a lot of extra stuff (screen protectors, docks , plugs etc.) best bang for your buck!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
If you just want to protect the screen while showing off the sexy iPhone 3G body, then do what I do...go to the Apple store and buy the Crystal Film Set. It's a screen protector film that doesn't sacrifice touch sensitivity or brightness, yet protects the screen from bad things happening to it.

You can buy a two-pack for US$14. I've had my first one on for at least six months now and it is still in great shape. I may get to 12 months of use before I need to replace it with the second of the two-pack. :)

Dec 27, 2008
Oahu
You can buy a 3-pack of clear screen protectors from the At&t store for $10. That's what I got when I got my iPhone 3g. You can't even tell that it's on the screen at all, and it doesn't leave a sticky residue. As far as cases go, I personally hate bulky things that make my phone huge and awkward but I found a website that has ultra slim silicone cases for $12! Plus many more cases. It took a few days to get used to but now I can't not have it. It makes the phone easier to hold and protects it without making it bulky and weird looking. Check this website out.
http://www.more-thing.com/ultra-slim-silicone-case-for-iphone3g.html

Dec 27, 2008
Oahu
Are those a glossy or a matte finish?
I guess glossy, they look just like the screen. The only way you can tell that there is a protector on there is if you look at the edges around the speaker and home button. My friend didn't know I had it on there until I told him. Also I'm about 99% sure they're $10, they could be $12 but you get the idea.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
I guess glossy, they look just like the screen. The only way you can tell that there is a protector on there is if you look at the edges around the speaker and home button. My friend didn't know I had it on there until I told him. Also I'm about 99% sure they're $10, they could be $12 but you get the idea.
Thanks. They sound like similar ones that Apple sells in their stores, which is what I have on my iPhone.

Dec 27, 2008
Oahu
Thanks. They sound like similar ones that Apple sells in their stores, which is what I have on my iPhone.
I didn't think I still had the package so I couldn't remember the name but I found it! You can also order them online for $9.99. This company has a lot of other stuff too. Here ya go..
http://www.case-mate.com/other/screen-protection/Screen-Protectors-for-apple-iphone-3-pack_7

Also,one more thing. I noticed in the picture it shows that the screen protector doesn't go all the way around the home button, but it does, the ones that I got covered the entire screen. Just wanted to let you know that in case that was going to effect your decision.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I didn't think I still had the package so I couldn't remember the name but I found it! You can also order them online for $9.99. This company has a lot of other stuff too. Here ya go..
http://www.case-mate.com/other/screen-protection/Screen-Protectors-for-apple-iphone-3-pack_7

Also,one more thing. I noticed in the picture it shows that the screen protector doesn't go all the way around the home button, but it does, the ones that I got covered the entire screen. Just wanted to let you know that in case that was going to effect your decision.
i got the same screen protectors and they are great! I put one on, no bubbles, perfect alignment and you really cant tell its on there, best part about it? It comes 3 to a pack!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008

i got the same screen protectors and they are great! I put one on, no bubbles, perfect alignment and you really cant tell its on there, best part about it? It comes 3 to a pack!
...but last 1/3 less time. ;)