iPhone purchase possible at Atlanta Airport?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ArneH

Sep 21, 2007
Hi,
I am from Germany and will have a stopover in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport next week.
Is it possible to buy an iPhone anywhere within the airport? Is there an AppleStore, AT&T Store or even a cending machine anywhere, without leaving the airport. I just have 2 1/2h of stopover time available, so it would be a close call anyways?
I don't need to activate it, I just wan to buy one for a later use in Germany.

Thanks in adavance
Arne

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
There are iPod machines in the terminals at Hartsfield. Not sure if they are stocked with iPhones yet, but I would hunt one down to see if they are in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
There is not one there and there is not a store close by either we have 4 stores here and they all are on the north side of Atlanta, With the airport on the south side.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Hi,
I am from Germany and will have a stopover in Atlanta, Georgia at the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport next week.
Is it possible to buy an iPhone anywhere within the airport? Is there an AppleStore, AT&T Store or even a cending machine anywhere, without leaving the airport. I just have 2 1/2h of stopover time available, so it would be a close call anyways?
I don't need to activate it, I just wan to buy one for a later use in Germany.

Thanks in adavance
Arne
The closest is about an hour away I believe, not including traffic. Sorry. :(

ArneH

Sep 21, 2007
Thanks for all the answers.

So my only chance will be a vending machine, hopefully they are stocked with iPhones, but I doubt it.
So bad, that there is no AT&T or Apple Store in the Airport, I bet I'm not the only one, looking to buy one, while doing a stopover...

Greetings
Arne

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
There is not one there and there is not a store close by either we have 4 stores here and they all are on the north side of Atlanta, With the airport on the south side.
By "stores" are you referring to Apple stores or AT&T stores or both? 'Cause if you have 4 Apple stores that would be a LOT. And they are all on the same side of town? That's weird. Houston native here and we have, what? Two Apple stores? And they are like an hour away from each other. There are countless AT&T stores here.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=74801
I went to the Apple.com/iPhone page and did a search for AT&T stores. The results are in the address above.
one location is only 5 minutes from the airport. If you have a 2.5 hour layover, all you need is about 45 minutes to get to a cab, get to the store, make the purchase, and get back through security (might want to check to see how the lines are before making the attempt.).
ALWAYS make sure that you are at your terminal at least 20 minutes before take off. That's generally when they board. (this is probably nothing new to you, but figured it couldn't hurt to remind you.)

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=74801
I went to the Apple.com/iPhone page and did a search for AT&T stores. The results are in the address above.
one location is only 5 minutes from the airport. If you have a 2.5 hour layover, all you need is about 45 minutes to get to a cab, get to the store, make the purchase, and get back through security (might want to check to see how the lines are before making the attempt.).
ALWAYS make sure that you are at your terminal at least 20 minutes before take off. That's generally when they board. (this is probably nothing new to you, but figured it couldn't hurt to remind you.)
You know I hafta say how great I think it is how you guys tried to help:cool: ArneH..that shows that this forum has the best members...I hope he is able to get a iPhone before his flight!
good luck ArneH!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, this is a great forum. Hey ArneH, let us know how it works out! If you get an iPhone, log on here and let us know. Kay?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Sorry, that link I posted goes to a general world map
Use City: Atlanta
State: Georgia
Zip:30320

1. AT&T

3618 MARKETPLACE BLVD
    SUITE 620
    EAST POINT, GA, 30344
    Services: Wireless Equipment Upgrade|Equipment Recycling Program|Prepaid - GoPhone Refills|Wireless Bill Payments - Cash & Credit|Prepaid - TDMA to GSM Migration|Prepaid - GoPhone Equipment|Apple iPhone
    Type: Store
    (404) 629-2195
    1. AT&T

1380 ATLANTIC DRIVE
      SUITE 14150
      ATLANTA, GA, 30363
      Services: Wireless Equipment Upgrade|Equipment Recycling Program|Prepaid - GoPhone Refills|Wireless Bill Payments - Cash & Credit|Prepaid - TDMA to GSM Migration|Prepaid - GoPhone Equipment|Apple iPhone
      (404) 249-9052

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If you in terms of driving you can drive from one to the next in a semi straight line if you will with each trip being 45 Min's max.

This the closes AT&T store, not sure how long your layover is.

1380 ATLANTIC DRIVE
SUITE 14150
ATLANTA, GA, 30363
(404) 249-9052

WHODAT

Sep 6, 2007
I hope this helps to save you some time. I was in the airport last week and my flight was delayed for about 3 hours. I went to the first vending machine on concourse C and there are no iPhones in them. I was looking if by chance they had the shure adapter. After that I walked through the rest of the terminals hoping to find the shure adapter in one of the machines. Only three of the concourses have the Apple vending machines and none of them have the iPhone. The most expensive thing they have in the machine are the Shure SE-530 earphones for $549. Sorry :(

one1

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
I think the closest actual Apple store is lennox mall. I need to make the 130 mile drive there soon and grab me some Apple goodies and stop by the burberry store for some "weekend". :cool: